SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 hours ago, gfhockey said:

An I the only one that wants to keep the elite section 8 talent here? 

I want all the section 8 talent and as much of the top Minnesota talent as we can get.

I've thought Shaugabay to UND was a slam dunk for a long time so I'm pretty surprised to see him pick Duluth.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I want all the section 8 talent and as much of the top Minnesota talent as we can get.

I've thought Shaugabay to UND was a slam dunk for a long time so I'm pretty surprised to see him pick Duluth.

It’s not really a surprise.  Jay Hardwick played for the Bulldogs and I’m sure Shaugabay talked to his coach more than once about UMD.

21 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'm not sure we had offered him yet. Last I heard, UND wanted to see a little bit more out of him and this last showcase could have been a cudgel to do it. So be it. 

Good player, but there's almost never a time I don't trust the staff on these calls. I love the caliber of player we've gotten so far from Sunday.

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm not sure we had offered him yet. Last I heard, UND wanted to see a little bit more out of him and this last showcase could have been a cudgel to do it. So be it. 

Good player, but there's almost never a time I don't trust the staff on these calls. I love the caliber of player we've gotten so far from Sunday.

Obviously stats aren't the most important thing....but he's kind of a kid where stats matter. I looked up the numbers out in the Philly WYC tourney and he had 2 points in 9 games. As a comparison....William Whitelaw had 27 in 9 games. He was the second lowest point getter on that team. Kind of a head scratcher

39 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Obviously stats aren't the most important thing....but he's kind of a kid where stats matter. I looked up the numbers out in the Philly WYC tourney and he had 2 points in 9 games. As a comparison....William Whitelaw had 27 in 9 games. He was the second lowest point getter on that team. Kind of a head scratcher

Look at his elite league stats from this past year. Granted his team looked terrible, but his stat line was 14 points in 17 games. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Look at his elite league stats from this past year. Granted his team looked terrible, but his stat line was 14 points in 17 games. 

Seems to me that he could be a bit inconsistent. Could be why they didn't offer, if they didn't. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Maybe Duluth has truly arrived and can now offer players early then yank the offer if they don't develop as expected. We've been doing it for as long as anyone else. I admittedly don't pay any attention to their recruiting but can't imagine they've done it much if ever. 

They recently did it with Dev McCabe and Jake Hale 

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Maybe Duluth has truly arrived and can now offer players early then yank the offer if they don't develop as expected. We've been doing it for as long as anyone else. I admittedly don't pay any attention to their recruiting but can't imagine they've done it much if ever. 

Sure seems to me they've "truly arrived."

• Upvote 3