SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

23 minutes ago, Berrybro7 said:

It was Rutger who flipped from Notre Dame to Michigan. Reported to be good friends with Fantilli and a couple other current UMich commits 

Fantilli bringing his buds along with him.
Wish we could have landed Fantilli, I know it was a long shot, but he did visit UND.

5 minutes ago, shep said:

Michigan is creating an NHL minors team.

Michigan is going to be like UND last year in regards to off-season departures.  Half their roster will be gone at the end of this season, but they at least have some studs lined up to replace a couple of those departures. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Fantilli bringing his buds along with him.
Wish we could have landed Fantilli, I know it was a long shot, but he did visit UND.

Michigan is going to be like UND last year in regards to off-season departures.  Half their roster will be gone at the end of this season, but they at least have some studs lined up to replace a couple of those departures. 

We’ll see how UND does after losing a bunch of guys to the pro ranks.  If UND falls back to where they were a few years ago, they may need to re-evaluate their philosophy.  If you are going to lose guys all the time anyways, you might as well go with the reload route with top end talent.  Not that you can just count on that, by witness on guys they have missed on.  In the same token, the Michigan’s and BU’s may need to re-evaluate if they don’t take strides in the postseason.  Ideally the reload could be with a combination of transfer and elite young players, but then you need to manage every year because both of them would likely only be there one or two years.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.  

All I’m saying is that with the NTDP being located in MI it’s definitely a recruiting advantage for UM (obviously). With how good that NTDP is getting, it’s getting to be a bit unfair if they’re getting every kid.

I really don’t even compare them with the BU team a couple years ago. UM is getting multiple lotto picks.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Diaper Dandies 2.0?

We'll see how they do against older, stronger players.

I do think that they will be a true force this year, as they have guys that have that year under their belt and being that they are top NHL picks I'm sure they have been hitting the weights hard.  Think how Sanderson and Kleven will look after a year in the system.  Powers, Johnson, Beniers, and Brisson will be much more formidable this year than last, as we saw the progression of Sanderson after Christmas.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...