SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

14 minutes ago, jk said:

Sorry, I've also seen important back checks, interrupting a shot on a good chance by a trailer.  

I think he's taken his defensive role seriously after some evidence early this year that he wasn't (and I'm not sure that evidence was very compelling).    He's MVP material now, not to be readily replaced.  Jason understands how difficult it all is, and I'm sure he's proud.  

I think I became more of a believer when he scored the OT winning goal against ??, did not celebrate, and promptly skated off the ice.   He clearly has high standards for both himself and the team.   And he's a sophomore.  

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

I think 9 stirs it not 17.

No question.   I thought the discussion was about Blake, but going back 3 pages, it appears to be about Gaber.   

Just now, brianvf said:

SCSU Dman Peart signed a NHL deal with the Wild.
He was a JR.

Felt like this kid was gonna be a star in his freshman year. I'm not upset he's gone, but he never really turned into the threat I thought he would.

31 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Nice little nil deal he reportedly got

Can't imagine many schools would be willing to kick out a chunk of NIL dollars for Biondi.
Is he a nice solid player?  For sure.
But he's not gonna be a game changer for many college programs.  Especially not ND in the B10.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:16 AM, Wilbur said:

Count em, 5 CC Tiger seniors to the Portal.  With what Mayotte is building it makes sense that those guys wouldn't be brought back.

What sayeth @Godsmack?

Yah, he’s got some high end recruits coming in this fall and I’m sure there simply isn’t room for some of these seniors. There’s some solid upperclassmen for CC in the portal that shouldn’t have any problems finding new homes and I wouldn’t be surprised if Mayotte does everything he can to help these guys land someplace. Logan Will comes to mind as a really good faceoff guy who could really help a team in that regard. 

On 3/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, Wilbur said:

Count em, 5 CC Tiger seniors to the Portal.  With what Mayotte is building it makes sense that those guys wouldn't be brought back.

What sayeth @Godsmack?

They have all played 4 years of College. I think guys enter the portal to keep options open if they want to possibly play the extra Covid year. I heard it might be tough for them to stay at CC as well due to their(school, not the players) academics as they don't have many grad school programs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, petey23 said:

They have all played 4 years of College. I think guys enter the portal to keep options open if they want to possibly play the extra Covid year. I heard it might be tough for them to stay at CC as well due to their academics as they don't have many grad school programs.

Yah, exactly-CC only offers 1 graduate level degree, in education so that limits a guy’s academic options should he want to play a fifth year. Bryan Yoon did that last season for CC. 

1 minute ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I’ve decided to enter the portal. Although, I am unaware of possible age eligibility issues. I want to thank my friends, family and teammates. Praise Buddha.

Understand your reasoning.  Makes sense for both UND and you.
I think you'd be a perfect fit for a program like Anchorage, Bemidji, maybe UMass-Lowell if you go east coast.
Best of luck moving forward!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I’ve decided to enter the portal. Although, I am unaware of possible age eligibility issues. I want to thank my friends, family and teammates. Praise Buddha.

Are you sure you and your Buddha-like figure can even fit through the portal anymore?  

• Upvote 1