SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Most portal reporting is via TwiX (players self-reporting) so the form isn't directly observed by the pundits like Schlossman. 

That is a change I'd like to see: Transparency. A true, open to the public, NCAA portal site, including the player's application including why they are looking for a new team (lost scholarship money, grad school, family/closer to home, not enough playing time, etc). coach broke my stick before the regional semi and called me a f'n pussy...etc.

fixed

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

It’ll be interesting to see which UND players land in the portal. Or is that being discussed already in another chat?

Some speculation in the 2024-25 thread but it plays here too. 

I saw somewhere that Wood's dad was an assistant for the MN women's team from 2008-2010.  That might help explain what seemed otherwise inexplicable.

38 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

For having a pretty successful year, CC is losing a lot of players. What's the story?

Three of them are underclassmen who’ve hardly gotten a whiff of playing time and the others in the portal are 6 seniors with one year eligibility left. My guess is, with who Mayotte has coming in this fall, there simply isn’t room for any of them. Now there was one of them who entered the portal last year and then ended up rescinding and staying at CC so that’s a possibility as well. All six seniors who are in the portal are capable players. Their goals and assists don’t jump out at you but they’re all good, reliable players. 

Wood is officially in the portal as of this morning, along with two other drafted UConn players.

Another new portal addition is Austen Swankler, who crushed it at BGSU for two seasons before transferring to Tech for last year, where he only put up 3 pts in 10 games.

Hard to read too much into these interweb things...but Wood just recently started following Blake and Strinden on "the socials". 
If that's just a coincidence or something more...I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Wood is officially in the portal as of this morning, along with two other drafted UConn players.

Another new portal addition is Austen Swankler, who crushed it at BGSU for two seasons before transferring to Tech for last year, where he only put up 3 pts in 10 games.

Hard to read too much into these interweb things...but Wood just recently started following Blake and Strinden on "the socials". 
If that's just a coincidence or something more...I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

Guessing he already knew Strinden since they are both drafted by the Predators. Probably have attended a couple development camps together. 

17 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Guessing he already knew Strinden since they are both drafted by the Predators. Probably have attended a couple development camps together. 

Then why the sudden follow. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Looking like no...he just entered the portal:

I never did like when a player bails on a team midway through the year. I didn't like it when Tambelwennie did it and I don't like it now. To me that is not a good trait to have. When the going gets tough the tough get going. Don't like it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well it’s sounding like it’s only a matter of time before wood commits to the gophs. 

I think Bubs needs to go all in on that Wilkie guy. Big center that can win draws. Pt production is really good.

29 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I never did like when a player bails on a team midway through the year. I didn't like it when Tambelwennie did it and I don't like it now. To me that is not a good trait to have. When the going gets tough the tough get going. Don't like it.

I agree with you, but it's the end of the year now.

2 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

That's quite common for the gopher account to follow potential players. I see it often. 

Same. I remember when they followed James Hagens and their fans all thought that meant he was committing there and he ended up choosing BC. 

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I agree with you, but it's the end of the year now.

Absolutely, I was just pointing out how I didn't like the way he left.