SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

19 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

is there any chance Hedquist is #1 and Johnson is #2? I know Johnson is supposed to just be a third string guy but is there a chance he moves up and they back fill with a new 3rd string guy?

I'd be very surprised to hear we don't bring in a portal tendy is Luddy signs.

1 hour ago, rhenry8439 said:

is there any chance Hedquist is #1 and Johnson is #2? I know Johnson is supposed to just be a third string guy but is there a chance he moves up and they back fill with a new 3rd string guy?

Johnson isn't going to be the second-string goalie. I bet they bring in a Recruit or Portal. I remember Schloss saying on the podcast the Heil is a few years away. 

Sandy is going to have to add some scoring to help out Steeves.  

I assume a goalie as well as Thiessen looks to be out of eligibility.  

Wonder if Biondi is thinking Northern Michigan with the family connection he will have there. 

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's assuming Steeves sticks around.
He'll get some attention as a 21yo undrafted free agent.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I assume a goalie as well as Thiessen looks to be out of eligibility.  

Wonder if Biondi is thinking Northern Michigan with the family connection he will have there. 

I think they rebound to upper half of the league with James and Spicer coming back, along with Zam and Max Plante and Shaugabay, although I expect the latter will need an adjustment period, especially if he isn’t paired with finishers. They also have a high end defenseman in Kleber, and a highly touted goaltender in Gajan coming in.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I think they rebound to upper half of the league with James and Spicer coming back, along with Zam and Max Plante and Shaugabay, although I expect the latter will need an adjustment period, especially if he isn’t paired with finishers. They also have a high end defenseman in Kleber, and a highly touted goaltender in Gajan coming in.

Forgot about Gajan.  He will step in right away in goal. 

Henry Levy who played at Penticton is in the portal from ASU. Not sure why he left ASU midway through the season. A goalie with 3 years left. I wondered what happened to him. 

Ryan O'Reilly also in the portal

43 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

He is selfish and a defensive liability. 

I wouldn’t say selfish. He’s definitely not a first line forward. He struggles late in games with his small frame and average speed. I’d roll the red carpet for him with a smirk on my face. A super senior that will score around 20 goals. His teammates seem to like him enough….

A few early departure pro signings announced today:

Two forwards from OSU, including former UND recruit Halliday.