SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

1 minute ago, Esoteric said:

I feel the planned players coming up may bolt on the Sioux if we ask them to stay another year in juniors. We need to keep quality recruits and develop them.  

I don't think there are any additional current recruits that were planning on coming in this year that will be asked to play another year in juniors from our list.
Panzer was struggling and opted for BSU instead of waiting.
Littler is borderline ready, but I'm still guessing that he comes in this fall.

I'd guess we're looking at Boisvert, Swanson, Croal, Littler, Emery, Strathmann, and Jubenvill all coming in this fall from our recruit group.

41 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I don't think there are any additional current recruits that were planning on coming in this year that will be asked to play another year in juniors from our list.
Panzer was struggling and opted for BSU instead of waiting.
Littler is borderline ready, but I'm still guessing that he comes in this fall.

I'd guess we're looking at Boisvert, Swanson, Croal, Littler, Emery, Strathmann, and Jubenvill all coming in this fall from our recruit group.

Littler's dad coaches major juniors in Wenatchee. He should wait another year, and see if MJ-NCAA eligibility starts this fall. If so he can be the hometown hero for last year of eligibility. They are smart enough to know it'd be better to come in ready to contribute rather than fight for extra skater minutes.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Littler's dad coaches major juniors in Wenatchee. He should wait another year, and see if MJ-NCAA eligibility starts this fall. If so he can be the hometown hero for last year of eligibility. They are smart enough to know it'd be better to come in ready to contribute rather than fight for extra skater minutes.

What makes you so certain he isn’t ready?

8 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He hit a cold streak in the USHL and moved to Penticton, wasn't even a point per game there and got injured. Take a year to get confident again.

The leading goal scorer on Cedar Rapids has 14 goals in 55 games, he had 8 in 14 games and still leads Cedar Rapids in points per game.  I don’t believe Penticton’s leaders average a whole lot more either.  Don’t know a 4th year of juniors will be an advantage when he has already put up good numbers in previous years.  Now if there are lingering injury issues, that might be another story, but it is going to be hard to crack our lineup for even well seasoned Junior players.  People surprise you, I don’t think many had Johannes as a key player coming into this year.

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

Watch him go to Denver

This was in response to Pohlkamp going to NoDak or St. Cloud .. the only major schools west of UND that I know of are CC, ASU, Denver & the Alaska schools.

11 hours ago, tnt said:

The leading goal scorer on Cedar Rapids has 14 goals in 55 games, he had 8 in 14 games and still leads Cedar Rapids in points per game.  I don’t believe Penticton’s leaders average a whole lot more either.  Don’t know a 4th year of juniors will be an advantage when he has already put up good numbers in previous years.  Now if there are lingering injury issues, that might be another story, but it is going to be hard to crack our lineup for even well seasoned Junior players.  People surprise you, I don’t think many had Johannes as a key player coming into this year.

Littler's dad has hockey connections and hockey smarts. If he moved mid-season there's good reason. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If Pohlkamp "goes further west" I'd take that as a tell that Buium is gone from DU. 

Could be both Buium brothers are gone.   Might as well add another "B" to the group with Behrens. 

Officially as soon as the player enters the portal. 

But I'm quite sure many 'family advisors' have made enquiries and discussed hypotheticals before some enter the portal. That's how some spend very little time in transition before landing in a new location. 

This says 13 already have new teams: https://www.therinklive.com/mens-college/2024-mens-college-hockey-transfer-portal 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Too bad none of the pundits are reporting who has DO NOT CONTACT on the entry.

Most portal reporting is via TwiX (players self-reporting) so the form isn't directly observed by the pundits like Schlossman. 

That is a change I'd like to see: Transparency. A true, open to the public, NCAA portal site, including the player's application including why they are looking for a new team (lost scholarship money, grad school, family/closer to home, not enough playing time, etc).