SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I’ve decided to enter the portal. Although, I am unaware of possible age eligibility issues. I want to thank my friends, family and teammates. Praise Buddha.

Looking for some NIL opportunities?

2 minutes ago, franchise said:

I'm hearing UND is dealing another big blow to BSU as well:wink:

Please tell me that you're talking about Pohlkamp transferring to UND.
Please.  Pretty please.  :) 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Is he fast?

Was USHL defenseman of the year a year ago, and was Bemidji’s second leading goal scorer this year.  Don’t know how fast he is compared to others, but certainly making the World Junior team ahead of Livanavage, he certainly has a lot of talent.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

A RH D man is what we need for next year. 

Pohlkamp is a righty, so we'd be set.  :) 
Would be great news if this is an actual possibility of picking him up.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, franchise said:

I'm hearing UND is dealing another big blow to BSU as well:wink:

I've also heard there are rumors swirling in Bemidji about this as well and people there are quite worried.  I've heard this second hand so not sure how reliable. 

Pohlkamp is gonna have some money thrown at him if he goes to the portal.  As a WJC d man and a kid who logged a ton of minutes for the Beavers.

I like Serratore.  I hope the kid stays where he's at. 

I wrote this in the upcoming season thread. If you look at the projected defensive lineup, what would be most beneficial would be Benoit (Out) and a high-end RHD (in). 

4 LHD / 4 RHD

6 no-doubt starters, Jubenville as 7th and Komzak as 8th. 

Pohlkamp would be the #1 ranked guy nationally if he entered. Game-changer. Let’s pump up the 1883 collective. 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

I wrote this in the upcoming season thread. If you look at the projected defensive lineup, what would be most beneficial would be Benoit (Out) and a high-end RHD (in). 

4 LHD / 4 RHD

Pohlkamp would be the #1 ranked guy nationally if he entered. Game-changer. Let’s pump up the 1883 collective. 

Pohlkamp has told teammates he's entering the portal. Just hasn't been officially announced yet.

• Upvote 1

A player like him definitely should play in a more competitive conference. Good on him for sticking to his commitment and playing at BSU his first year. If he does enter the portal how realistic is it that he goes to UND? He's a terrific player. I feel like most schools will give him offers. 

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

On one topic we lament ‘rentals’ on others we drool at what might be. Kind of kissing you wife on the way to the strip joint… :blush:

To be honest, I despise this new system of transferring and NIL because it has and will change the competitive balance and widen the gap between the haves and have nots, especially in some of the other sports.
    That said, if you are not going to use it wisely, you are going to be left behind.  The word wisely is the key.  Years like this year need to be the exception, not the rule. 
  UND needs to use it to supplement and complement their current recruiting, filling in gaps of experience and positional need and role.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, AJS said:

4 LHD / 4 RHD

I didn't see many games last year, so I don't know much about the team, but why are you down on Benoit?  He rarely saw any action last year, so it seems like you're not giving him a fair chance to prove his mettle. It may have been you or someone else, but a ss.com poster said to trust our recruits & develop them, which I tend to agree with; at least give them a fair chance to prove themselves before letting them go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, .357 said:

I didn't see many games last year, so I don't know much about the team, but why are you down on Benoit?  He rarely saw any action last year, so it seems like you're not giving him a fair chance to prove his mettle. It may have been you or someone else, but a ss.com poster said to trust our recruits & develop them, which I tend to agree with; at least give them a fair chance to prove themselves before letting them go.

From my views he’s a solid dman 

1 minute ago, .357 said:

That was me, but there’s always exceptions. Nothing against Benoit, but I’d like to see the classes represented to be a bit more spread out. As of now, it would be 1 Junior, 4 So, 3 Fr. Also, there would be 3 that either are inexperienced or not super high-end. I think it would be really beneficial to go that route.

Just now, .357 said:

This is another byproduct that I don’t like about the portal, either teams moving on to the new shiny thing without seeing how they develop, or players moving on because they think they should be playing right away despite them needing some development and rounding out of their game before extensive game action.
    How many great players would we have missed out on if we didn’t allow them to develop, or if they moved on?  We can already look at examples of players that would have looked nice in a UND uniform if one or both parties stayed with their original plan in guys like Halliday and Rizzo.

We have seen so many guys develop at different times like LaDue and Poolman, so best not to throw away the baby with the bathwater.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

A player like him definitely should play in a more competitive conference. Good on him for sticking to his commitment and playing at BSU his first year. If he does enter the portal how realistic is it that he goes to UND? He's a terrific player. I feel like most schools will give him offers. 

Good question.   How many times has this situation happened and the kid has gone to Minn, DU, SCSU etc?

2 hours ago, tnt said:

To be honest, I despise this new system of transferring and NIL because it has and will change the competitive balance and widen the gap between the haves and have nots, especially in some of the other sports.
    That said, if you are not going to use it wisely, you are going to be left behind.  The word wisely is the key.  Years like this year need to be the exception, not the rule. 
  UND needs to use it to supplement and complement their current recruiting, filling in gaps of experience and positional need and role.

For me, there’s more to it than that. I think serious fans in general wanna see their team develop over time. One and dones don’t do that.. It’s not necessarily a bad thing when you had one or maybe two for experience or a position need, but when you start loading up 4,5, 6 of them, it gets old. It also kind of hurt your recruiting, because kids see that their opportunities to play dwindle with the addition of juniors and seniors. Kids, especially high-end kids, want to see a path to the lineup.

• Upvote 1