SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Clearly some of you would rather buy a gallon of chocolate and a gallon of vanilla vs a gallon of neapolitan cause you don't like strawberry ice cream

That's a lot of ice cream...

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Couple of big things to think about that, however. This isn't the Final Five from back in the day. UND alone drives the attendance. With the Frozen Four back in St. Paul, I know people who are holding out for those as those will likely be largely overpriced. 

Aren't tickets to regular season games at the REA more than $100 for lower bowl?

Prices are already high. Checking yesterday I think they were $450 for all session when face is MUCH lower. I got 2 for all session less than that. 

Ciskie of all people posted this.  That game was a gong show, with Duluth winning the game on a late 5x3 goal.  

Official Todd Anderson should have tossed Pionk and should have tossed Dominic Toninato for abuse of officials.  First time in a non fight situation I've seen a linesman have to restrain a player, albeit a captain.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He also said Rizzo is doubtful for regionals. 

Wow...that's a huge blow for Denver.  I know he's been nicked up a little this year; do we know what caused this latest injury?

7 minutes ago, burd said:

Speaking of which, has Goon mentioned where (or if) Bobby is playing hockey now?

@burd Bobby is playing with the Flyers, however, he's been in Tort's doghouse, playing about 10 minutes a game on the fourth line. He had a short stint with Lehigh Valley where he ended up being the player of the week. I got to see him play in Winnipeg back in January when the Flyers played the Jets. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

@burd Bobby is playing with the Flyers, however, he's been in Tort's doghouse, playing about 10 minutes a game on the fourth line. He had a short stint with Lehigh Valley where he ended up being the player of the week. I got to see him play in Winnipeg back in January when the Flyers played the Jets. 

"Torts" is a hot-headed prick.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Very cool experience for you, Goon.   Even 10 minutes a game in the NHL is still a hockey player's dream.  And it will likely change.  Let us know if you think a bunch of us from ss.com should pay Torts a visit.  

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not a big fan of him, either. He wears out his welcome fast. The Flyers captain is in the doghouse right now. He is playing in the National, so, it is what it is. 

10 minutes ago, burd said:

Very cool experience for you, Goon.   Even 10 minutes a game in the NHL is still a hockey player's dream.  And it will likely change.  Let us know if you think a bunch of us from ss.com should pay Torts a visit.  

Yeah, it's been fun to see him play, my daughter and I watch quite a few of his games. I am by no means a Flyers fan, either. We had a blast in January. I found out after the fact they stayed in the same hotel as we did. 

IMG_8553.jpeg

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Say what you will, but you always know where you stand with him; he's transparent. And he has a 2004 Cup ring. 

Torts sitting (healthy scratch) the Flyer C this week is a ... Dean Blais-esque move. Message sent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Say what you will, but you always know where you stand with him; he's transparent. And he has a 2004 Cup ring. 

Torts sitting (healthy scratch) the Flyer C this week is a ... Dean Blais-esque move. Message sent. 

What has he won besides the 2004 Cup?

And that title was won before the lock out, after which a lot of rules were changed to open up the game. Torts is a relic from a different era.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And that title was won before the lock out, after which a lot of rules were changed to open up the game. Torts is a relic from a different era.

Really? 

9th all-time with 739 wins, 56 playoff wins, 2 Jack Adams Awards (one in 16-17), made the Cup final twice. He's a great coach whether you agree with his style or not.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Really? 

9th all-time with 739 wins, 56 playoff wins, 2 Jack Adams Awards (one in 16-17), made the Cup final twice. He's a great coach whether you agree with his style or not.

He wears out his welcome after a few years in one city. There is a reason he doesn't last long in one place. He's a Grade A Certified prick.

28 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He wears out his welcome after a few years in one city. There is a reason he doesn't last long in one place. He's a Grade A Certified prick.

Not arguing any of that at all lol, but he's a proven HOF coach.

Back on track....

I watched a majority of those CC/Omaha games and CC wholly controlled play in all three. With that said, I was considering why Omaha swept us a few weeks back. One missing piece was Mr. Zmolek. I think this kid is an absolute anchor to this team. 

I'm excited for Friday.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Two Jack Adams Awards. I love Torts 

53 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Back on track....

I watched a majority of those CC/Omaha games and CC wholly controlled play in all three. With that said, I was considering why Omaha swept us a few weeks back. One missing piece was Mr. Zmolek. I think this kid is an absolute anchor to this team.

Yes, I was shocked that UNO won with how many chances CC had and how they were controlling play.
Latkoczy played well and Mbereko wasn't at his best too.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yes, I was shocked that UNO won with how many chances CC had and how they were controlling play.
Latkoczy played well and Mbereko wasn't at his best too.

Latkoczy made a lot of good saves, but CC doesn't generally, IMO, really generate a ton of Grade As. They seem to rely on their great speed, ridiculously heavy forecheck, and chaos in front of the net. Works great for them.