SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

Personally I'm hoping Omaha gets a 4 seed and UND and Denver remain as 1 seeds.  Would love to see BU or BC have to travel to Sioux Falls to deal with Omaha.  An Omaha win would get us closer to higher seeds hosting 1st and 2nd round games in the NCAA tournament.

UND had there chance to all but eliminate UNO.  They didn't so I guess I don't think they deserve to be the 1 seed in Sioux Falls.

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Personally I'm hoping Omaha gets a 4 seed and UND and Denver remain as 1 seeds.  Would love to see BU or BC have to travel to Sioux Falls to deal with Omaha.  An Omaha win would get us closer to higher seeds hosting 1st and 2nd round games in the NCAA tournament.

UND had there chance to all but eliminate UNO.  They didn't so I guess I don't think they deserve to be the 1 seed in Sioux Falls.

Fair point.

13 minutes ago, Big Green said:

UNO looks to be locked into a 3 seed no matter what they do this weekend.

I came to the same conclusion.  So UND can either be a 1 seed in Sioux Falls, or a 2 seed somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Anyone else want to see Hedquist in net on Friday?

Considering how well he did last weekend, most definitely ... go with the hot hand. Plus, playing against a very good UNO team would give Hedquist invaluable experience for next year & get him battle-tested in case he's needed the following week in the national tournament.

28 minutes ago, .357 said:

Considering how well he did last weekend, most definitely ... go with the hot hand. Plus, playing against a very good UNO team would give Hedquist invaluable experience for next year & get him battle-tested in case he's needed the following week in the national tournament.

Let's keep in perspective that he played MIAMI, would he have looked the same playing someone like DU?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Let's keep in perspective that he played MIAMI, would he have looked the same playing someone like DU?

No way to know. 

This year versus Omaha.

• Persson: 11 Goals on 60 shots (0-3)
  • Hedquist: 1 Goal on 22 shots (1-0)

I'm probably the minority, but I actually feel more comfortable when Hedquist is in net. It's at least worth a deeper look. I'm sure it'll be Persson and hopefully we'll see that guy that can steal games for the stretch. I also hope that Hedquist is getting a fair look, based on play and it's not just pre-determined that Persson gets the net. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I came to the same conclusion.  So UND can either be a 1 seed in Sioux Falls, or a 2 seed somewhere else.

If UND slips behind Denver, both 1 seeds, does Denver get the Sioux Falls slot? 

5 minutes ago, jk said:

If UND slips behind Denver, both 1 seeds, does Denver get the Sioux Falls slot? 

If it's about attendance ...

UND -> SF
DEN -> STL because of easy air travel