SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Alvarez didn't want UW playing (and losing) to some of the newer (and smaller) schools that joined the WCHA later on.  So he and Jim Delaney put the whole B1G hockey conference into motion...and just like that, 50 years of conference rivalries were gone.

Before Penn State added hockey they were talking (during a Wisconsin game) about how the B1G wanted a guarantee that that all play each other with the WCHA and CCHA schedule. Then Penn State came along and ruined two great conferences for money. Minnesota was so against it but couldn’t do anything about it. 

What I find odd is BTN shows WCHA games but Penn State went to CHA and not the WCHA. 

17 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Yeah, but it's not for three games.  It's $80 for the two-game semifinal, and another $80 for the championship game.

Tough to get a casual fan in the door at those prices. There's going to be a ton of empty seats. 

35 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Yeah, but it's not for three games.  It's $80 for the two-game semifinal, and another $80 for the championship game.

Nope. If you buy them both single day, yes. Buy the all-session.

image.png.4b2b8a77b0928071a9ca01693fe35d0e.png

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Before Penn State added hockey they were talking (during a Wisconsin game) about how the B1G wanted a guarantee that that all play each other with the WCHA and CCHA schedule. Then Penn State came along and ruined two great conferences for money. Minnesota was so against it but couldn’t do anything about it. 

What I find odd is BTN shows WCHA games but Penn State went to CHA and not the WCHA. 

And Don Lucia, in all of his worldy wisdom, told season ticket holders to just accept it (along with drastic price increases) and move on.

20 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

And Don Lucia, in all of his worldy wisdom, told season ticket holders to just accept it (along with drastic price increases) and move on.

Gofers probably suffered the most with the new conference.  They had to trade 50 year rivalries with DU, CC, UND for Ohio State, Penn St, Michigan State.  I don't blame their fans for staying away as long as they did.  Who wants to go watch Minnesota play Ohio State in the middle of January?  And thanks to the B1G Network, Friday and Saturday nights at 7 on Fox Sports were no longer.  Use to be able to set my watch by this; suddenly they were no where to be found.  Would always watch the Gofers if the Sioux weren't on or during intermissions just so I could see how good they were.  Now?  Not so much.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Gofers probably suffered the most with the new conference.  They had to trade 50 year rivalries with DU, CC, UND for Ohio State, Penn St, Michigan State.  I don't blame their fans for staying away as long as they did.  Who wants to go watch Minnesota play Ohio State in the middle of January?  And thanks to the B1G Network, Friday and Saturday nights at 7 on Fox Sports were no longer.  Use to be able to set my watch by this; suddenly they were no where to be found.  Would always watch the Gofers if the Sioux weren't on or during intermissions just so I could see how good they were.  Now?  Not so much.

I still think that's the biggest issue.  I was a Gopher fan before attending UND, and growing up we would play knee hockey with the Gopher games always on in the background.  With the current TV setup, we never would have known how to find the games, and our parents never took us to watch in person.   They lost a ton of exposure from younger hockey fans with the move to the Big Ten.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Curious how many rows were $40.

image.thumb.png.9d412b277be29572a7d0decc4ce7f6e8.png

Yeah, I didn't see any $65 sessions on there as of this morning. Now only the $95 left, but there are plenty. Getting my tickets tonight through the Wild ticketmaster page where the packages are available.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Some of you need to start giving plasma or start an OF page ;).....or just watch on TV. 

I'm sure there are many, many people who think $100 for three games is expensive. I am one who is super pumped for that price.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm sure there are many, many people who think $100 for three games is expensive. I am one who is super pumped for that price.

That would be me.  Depends on how many people you're buying for.  Plus however much food costs if you're doing both games Friday.

59 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

That would be me.  Depends on how many people you're buying for.  Plus however much food costs if you're doing both games Friday.

$30 a game is too much? For a college hockey game? Regardless, that's you, boo boo. I'm pumped for it.

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

$30 a game is too much? For a college hockey game? Regardless, that's you, boo boo. I'm pumped for it.

The thing is a lot of fans could care less about the game if UND is not playing.  So it is $50/game if they win or $100/game if they lose.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Big Green said:

The thing is a lot of fans could care less about the game if UND is not playing.  So it is $50/game if they win or $100/game if they lose.

It's $100 for three hockey games lol. And for three college hockey games, that's pretty affordable. Anyway, we're going in circles.

Moooooving on. Just like we're going to be mooooving on to the regional after beating the Red Cows in the semi final (see what I did there?) and then either DU or Clown in the Final ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Pretty solid indicator that the tickets are overpriced is the amount of empty seats..

Couple of big things to think about that, however. This isn't the Final Five from back in the day. UND alone drives the attendance. With the Frozen Four back in St. Paul, I know people who are holding out for those as those will likely be largely overpriced. 

Aren't tickets to regular season games at the REA more than $100 for lower bowl?

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Couple of big things to think about that, however. This isn't the Final Five from back in the day. UND alone drives the attendance. With the Frozen Four back in St. Paul, I know people who are holding out for those as those will likely be largely overpriced. 

Aren't tickets to regular season games at the REA more than $100 for lower bowl?

No, that’s what people try to sell them for on the resale market. There’s very few that actually end up for sale outside of resale. Mostly single seats. Face value is the same as upper bowl seats. $29-49 usually, cheaper on Fridays, depending on opponent. 

51 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

For those traveling to the cities this weekend, be aware Sunday looks like an ugly day to be driving back as of now! 

If the boys win two, most will be flying.

Clearly some of you would rather buy a gallon of chocolate and a gallon of vanilla vs a gallon of neapolitan cause you don't like strawberry ice cream

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's $100 for three hockey games lol. And for three college hockey games, that's pretty affordable. Anyway, we're going in circles.

Moooooving on. Just like we're going to be mooooving on to the regional after beating the Red Cows in the semi final (see what I did there?) and then either DU or Clown in the Final ;)

The Ralph is almost $50 a game.