SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

The bubble is really starting to squeeze.   Any NCHC bubble teams that lose tomorrow really need non-NCHC bubble teams to go down:  New Hampshire, Cornell, Michigan, etc.  Some good teams will get sent to the NIT start golfing come Monday morning. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, farce poobah said:

The bubble is really starting to squeeze.   Any NCHC bubble teams that lose tomorrow really need non-NCHC bubble teams to go down:  New Hampshire, Cornell, Michigan, etc.  Some good teams will get sent to the NIT start golfing come Monday morning. 

I think Omaha's pops tonight.  I was rooting for them to get over the hump too, but they got arguably the hottest team in the NCHC in their home arena where they haven't lost in regulation since December.

Hedquist good in the net for UND this weekend, but Latkozcy for Omaha has been the story in that series.  Almost stole the first game when his team got outshot badly, and now has the Mavs on the brink of history.  

Teams playing for their lives tonight.  Will make for good hockey. 

On 3/11/2024 at 5:20 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Amen. What I don't want to hear from Hennessey this weekend is how "outstanding" Miami's goaltender is playing or how Miami is playing a great road game. Miami would struggle to earn home ice in the AHA and should be dispatched in two games. No Excuses.

Thankfully we burned out the goal lights this weekend.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hedquist good in the net for UND this weekend, but Latkozcy for Omaha has been the story in that series.  Almost stole the first game when his team got outshot badly, and now has the Mavs on the brink of history.  

Teams playing for their lives tonight.  Will make for good hockey. 

Yeah, but can he keep it up?  Gotta think that eventually the avalanche of shots CC is getting will pay off.

11 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Rooting for Western to take out the Clowns tomorrow...we seem to match up well with them.

I would argue that we played better against Omaha but didn’t get the goaltending we got when we played Western.   Western took it to us at home.  I worry much more about Western’s offense, although both teams can have a goaltender that can play great.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

I would argue that we played better against Omaha but didn’t get the goaltending we got when we played Western.   Western took it to us at home.  I worry much more about Western’s offense, although both teams can have a goaltender that can play great.  

We may have “hot goalied” Western on the last Friday game against them, but I seem to remember a much more dominant performance in the Saturday game.  Either way, it’s all one and done from here on out so it really doesn’t matter who you play.

31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Either way, it’s all one and done from here on out so it really doesn’t matter who you play.

Yup.  If you are good enough to beat the team in front of you, great.  If not, tough.     

• Upvote 2

So in the current scenarios you've got to be 14th in the pairwise to get in with the Atlantic and the CCHA winner getting in.  You've got to hope that BC and the Q take care of business against UMass and St. Lawrence in their tournaments to breathe a bit easier.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So in the current scenarios you've got to be 14th in the pairwise to get in with the Atlantic and the CCHA winner getting in.  You've got to hope that BC and the Q take care of business against UMass and St. Lawrence in their tournaments to breathe a bit easier.  

Cornell moves into the top 14 with a win next weekend and that would drop UMass to 15th with a BC win. 

Wouldn't UND be good with some "below the cut line" teams getting AQs and taking bids away from 13-14 pairwise teams?  As long as Omaha isn't the NCHC AQ?  Take out UMass and take out Omaha and the committee is free to do things without concern for bidding hosts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Ohio State could easily win the Big 10 then you need to be 13.

23 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Wouldn't UND be good with some "below the cut line" teams getting AQs and taking bids away from 13-14 pairwise teams?  As long as Omaha isn't the NCHC AQ?  Take out UMass and take out Omaha and the committee is free to do things without concern for bidding hosts.

Dartmouth and Cornell both won in OT when they played. So, If Dartmouth wins Cornell drops out. 16 and 15 are taken by AHA and CCHA. the only teams out of the top 16 are St. Lawerence, St. Cloud, and Dartmouth fighting over 14th and 13th.