SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

4 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

who do we think is going to be in goal tomorrow? IMO they should stick with Hobey. the guys seem to lock it down in front of him and don't let a lot of the garbage get through. plus Hobey seems to have really good rebound control. 

HH. 

15 minutes ago, RedFrog said:

We win the race to 4 ...

UND 5 - UNO 2

With how well UNO has been playing defensively the last month+, I’d be shocked if we scored 5 (or won by 3). Unless we score two ENG in a close game. ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

who do we think is going to be in goal tomorrow? IMO they should stick with Hobey. the guys seem to lock it down in front of him and don't let a lot of the garbage get through. plus Hobey seems to have really good rebound control. 

Ditto. If a goalie is in the zone & seeing the puck like a beach ball, stick with him. HH on Friday, & if victory, LP on Saturday to see who is sharper just before nationals.

I like the idea of throwing HH in the fire now to see how he handles himself in an intense playoff game; plus it's valuable experience for him ahead of next year when he'll likely be the anchor goalie.

But there are many variables that fans aren't privy to & which may warrant LP starting. As long as one of the variables isn't that "LP's our ride or die" (going w/him because the coaching staff feels obligated to him), that's fine.   

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Zmolek totally robbed...he is the frickin' grit on this team!  Also, B-rad for Coach of the Year...everybody must have felt sorry for CC just because they have sucked for so long.  B-rad turned over the entire D corps and every transfer he brought in has been a W.

BB should have won CoY IMO as well. Great job with new goalie and Dmen.

Panzer got robbed too. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, brianvf said:

With how well UNO has been playing defensively the last month+, I’d be shocked if we scored 5 (or won by 3). Unless we score two ENG in a close game. ;)

I just feel a breakout is going to happen.  My uncertainty about the goalie situation is why I put up 2 for UNO, I anticipate the team knows what the plan is and isn't on edge as much as I am about it ...

Is a great showing this weekend a requirement for success next weekend and beyond?  No, but I as a fan I would much rather see a dominant performance today.  We'll worry about tomorrow when/if we get there.

Honestly, biggest thing is to stay healthy.

13 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

HH. 

Persson. They brought him here to play the big games and they want him rolling strong going into regionals next week. Hobie is the heir to the throne and will be the guy next year. But my guess is that tonight we see Luddy. I feel confident in both goalies and think Hobie would do great; he looked awesome last weekend. But they didn't have Persson transfer here as a senior just to sit out if he's healthy. 

44 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

Dave I 100% agree with you on the score of our game, I actually think we will sneak out a 1-goal win tonight. But I respectfully disagree with your Bonus Pick. I think Denver will end St. Cloud's season tonight but it'll be a close one. But I also kind of want St cloud to be done and miss the tourney haha.  

Tonight's game is going to tell us a lot about this UND team. We struggle to come from behind against teams like UNO and CC, so getting that first goal will be paramount. We don't have the consistency, faceoff prowess, or an excellent top line like the 2016, 2020, and 2021 teams did but when we strike first and lock down the good space in front of our net (please seen the home Denver and WMU series for examples :) ) we are awesome. 

I don't think this can happen...but is there a scenario where a UND win over Omaha makes Omaha a #4 seed while UND remains a #1 seed, thereby resulting in UND getting placed somewhere other than Sioux Falls? 

If so, that would result in an apparent conflict of interest, in that it might be to UND's advantage to lose in order to gain a preferred regional destination. 

1 minute ago, Kevin G said:

I don't think this can happen...but is there a scenario where a UND win over Omaha makes Omaha a #4 seed while UND remains a #1 seed, thereby resulting in UND getting placed somewhere other than Sioux Falls? 

If so, that would result in an apparent conflict of interest, in that it might be to UND's advantage to lose in order to gain a preferred regional destination. 

No. Omaha is locked in as a 3 seed. If UND loses, we will be a 2 seed and will be shipped elsewhere.