SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Playoffs

Wilbur

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

:D

All will be well after finishing Miami off in two games.  If it goes to three...watch out here on ss.com.  ;) 

So if Sioux beat Miami in two it's all HJ's and mimosas? #mafiaman

29 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So if Sioux beat Miami in two it's all HJ's and mimosas? #mafiaman

Yep, then everyone will be ready to hang banner #9 again, like after the sweeps of DU and WMU.  :D :)  

19 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'm looking for a convincing sweep on home ice for the Sioux.  Anything else is...?  Goon?:D

That’s still the message. Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. Get it done. 

• Like 2

The key for UND: Jump on Miami early each night. Make them immediately disinterested. 

The UMD from last weekend might get a game in Denver, but not two. 

SCSU and Western at the Concrete Center three weeks later? Which SCSU team shows up? That one or the one from Duluth last weekend. 

Omaha is hungry. CC is better at home but tends to look past everyone (but UND and DU). But CC's at home; here's a Sunday game. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Omaha at Baxter vs. Miami at REA is an apples to (insert whatever isn't close to an apple) comparison.

Miami isn't close to what Omaha is.  Omaha is 11th in the pairwise, Miami is 47th with 1 league win.

I didn't expect us to sweep Omaha during senior weekend at Baxter with their season hanging by each game they play from here on out.  I do expect us to sweep Miami.

good lord folks I was just kidding! forgot the kidding font!

16 hours ago, brianvf said:

I certainly didn’t say that. 
The people that said that are the same people calling for Berry's head after two poor games at Baxter. ;)

good lord folks I was just kidding! forgot the kidding font! AND - you are exactly right, 'the same people'... with 'LFG!' or 'fire Berry' depending on the last shift...

17 hours ago, brianvf said:

I certainly didn’t say that. 
The people that said that are the same people calling for Berry's head after two poor games at Baxter. ;)

Gather you mean the aka ledgies

image.gif.5baf778991379553cec3c53af7f874c9.gif

On 3/10/2024 at 7:40 AM, Wilbur said:

Miami @ UND

Duluth @ Denver

Western @ SCSU

Omaha @ CC

I think it's a safe bet to take all the home teams.  Maybe a third game in Stearns County, but I've got each home team advancing. 

Top 2 in home sweeps, Western in road sweep and CC in 3.  That probably results in 5 NCHC teams making the tourney, barring stunners in Big 10 and Hockey East.  I think CC Omaha winner is a tourney lock, and unless a sweep loser is pretty well positioned.  Western should be in if they get by SCSU, Huskies probably need to get to the final to be in.  Duluth is probably in the "so you're saying there's a chance" realm, and Miami should just dust off the golf clubs.

While this might not be a widely shared view, I've come to the conclusion that both CC and UNO might have already hit their peak performances this season. Lately, they've shown impressive play, but I sense a potential downturn on the horizon.

On a different note, UND seems to be in a unique position. It's apparent that they haven't reached their full potential yet. The question remains: can they pull it all together in time to make a significant impact in the upcoming tournament?

I'm aware my opinion might not be the most popular, but it's a perspective I've developed based on the current dynamics of the teams. Whether it's wishful thinking or not, it's an observation worth considering as we move forward in the season.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Top 2 in home sweeps, Western in road sweep and CC in 3.  That probably results in 5 NCHC teams making the tourney, barring stunners in Big 10 and Hockey East.  I think CC Omaha winner is a tourney lock, and unless a sweep loser is pretty well positioned.  Western should be in if they get by SCSU, Huskies probably need to get to the final to be in.  Duluth is probably in the "so you're saying there's a chance" realm, and Miami should just dust off the golf clubs.

I bet we see at least one conference tourney upset which puts the magic PWR number to 13. 
With CC/UNO/WMU at 11/12/13, that makes things really tight especially if Prov (14) or UMass (15) move up (they actually play each other next in the HEA quarters).
It may very well be win or go home for most of those teams...would be interesting to look at options if any of those NCHC teams win or lose in 3 games to see if that still keeps them above the cut line.

22 minutes ago, crb1 said:

While this might not be a widely shared view, I've come to the conclusion that both CC and UNO might have already hit their peak performances this season. Lately, they've shown impressive play, but I sense a potential downturn on the horizon.

On a different note, UND seems to be in a unique position. It's apparent that they haven't reached their full potential yet. The question remains: can they pull it all together in time to make a significant impact in the upcoming tournament?

I'm aware my opinion might not be the most popular, but it's a perspective I've developed based on the current dynamics of the teams. Whether it's wishful thinking or not, it's an observation worth considering as we move forward in the season.

Hope I'm wrong but seemed like UND was playing their best hockey up thru the DU away series.  Been a little uneven since then.

7 hours ago, Goon said:

That’s still the message. Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. Get it done. 

Amen. What I don't want to hear from Hennessey this weekend is how "outstanding" Miami's goaltender is playing or how Miami is playing a great road game. Miami would struggle to earn home ice in the AHA and should be dispatched in two games. No Excuses.

24 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Hope I'm wrong but seemed like UND was playing their best hockey up thru the DU away series.  Been a little uneven since then.

If Zmolek is back for the home stretch I like our chances.

• Upvote 1