SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

10 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was told that McNaboe was leaning toward coming back but that was before he got hurt.  Not sure if that would change anything.  

I wouldn’t think he would want to end his career injured but also depends how bad the injury was. And if he wants pro looks he probably needs to come back for another year

17 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Is there a chance Bo Belquist takes his last year at an FBS? Maybe a chance to play in the NFL? Sister is going to Nebraska for track. They would use a WR down there.

There is definitely a chance if some FBS teams see his tape, but his lack of accolades (unjustly) will probably hurt his P5 prospects. He no doubt could play in the P5 with his skill set, but are teams willing to give him a shot? I agree he wouldn’t transfer just to go play at some random G5 school. He lives and breathes UND which is awesome for the program.

14 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Probably, buy we lost those games.  In addition, we also struggled against Indiana State and Illinois State. I contend that we didn’t play well enough to have more selections. We would have had to run the ball better, pass and catch the  ball better, to say nothing of playing defense better.  Our players needed to play better.
This isn’t high school where you are assigned a certain number of All Conf positions based on where you finished in the conference. You stated if we weren’t one of the top 3 teams “you better really  stick out”. Didn’t we finish tied for 3rd? The MVFC has been the premier FCS conference for a number of years. Kilty has enough size that he wouldn’t have gotten missed. The coaches who selected the all-conf team didn’t feel he earned a first or second team pick. I’m not saying he was undeserving, but I’m saying the league coaches didn’t think so.  

He likes it here. He and his family have said they like the coaches and the school. He apparently has a girlfriend here. I would guess it would take significant NIL money and/or move to a Power 5 school but I’m just guessing. I recruiting pitch from a school with the personal to highlight his strengths could pull him away. 

Again I disagree.  Which game do you think this box score is from?  How much control did the OL have over this miserable game plan?

IMG_6664.png

IMG_6665.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

After hearing Wes pull all of his UND posts and put back up USD stuff, I had a feeling this might be the roughest transfer portal season for us. Seeing Kilty was a gut punch initially, but given his situation and having a degree I think he likely would have transferred even if we made it to the Championship game. Great opportunity for him. 

I think top FCS lineman will always get plenty of offers in the portal, might be hard keeping the really good ones in the future. We all know it starts up front and what FBS team isn't going to want to add a solid fit on the OL.

Glad Bo is staying, him returning was nice to see just to have him back, but also to show others on the team that it's worth sticking around. That said he gets 50 percent of the passes thrown his way, which is both good and bad. He won't get that many passes thrown his way almost no matter where he goes. 

I will be on pins and needles every time I see a new post come on on this thread, I think there will be a few other semi big names that hit the portal. 

Wes had plenty of UND posts on his Twitter last night.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

One of my beliefs with roster construction is the appropriate amount of turnover is a good thing. From the Sr. class, who do we hope returns? Here's my list.

• Belquist
  • Vaughn
  • McNaboe
  • Hembry
  • Beach
  • Navratil* (This is if the coaching staff believes he can return to the form he had as an underclassman)
  • Fort* (He looks to have another year of eligibility)

If Belquist returns, I hope the rumor of Wilson entering the portal is true. 

*Navratil is on track to complete his MBA in the spring, a family member told us he wasn't planning on coming back.

51 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Again I disagree.  Which game do you think this box score is from?  How much control did the OL have over this miserable game plan?

IMG_6664.png

IMG_6665.jpeg

I’m not defending play calling, coaches decisions etc.  

My point was an opinion regarding more All Conf players and specifically one lineman’s selection dependent on those 2 games.  Regardless of what play is called, if a given player beats the opponent on the plays that are called, it’s highly likely the players who consistently do that get noticed and the chance of team success markedly increases.  Obviously, 8 in the box makes it more difficult to run the ball and blitzing multiple players etc make it more difficult to protect the passer.

I get what you are saying but in my experience, seldom do players blame the coaches or their teammates for their performance.  

It’s a team game so coaches must accept responsibility and be held accountable.  However, the players must accept responsibility for how they play. This year was a huge disappointment. It’s a time for self reflection for coaches and players. It’s a time for our annual evaluations to determine what we need to do as players, coaches, and administrators to do what it takes to move the program forward.  If Chaves is going to stick with Bubba, the top priority is to hang on to the players and recruits we have and sort out any and all coaching and position deficiencies. If there is to be a change, it should be clean and quick. If not, there needs to be an aggressive approach to retention and improvement.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

When is the last time we threw a quick slant inside. Not a full straight across crossing pattern but a quick slant. We see teams do those all of the time against us with success. We have probably done some I'm sure, but it just seems like our passing scheme could be improved quite a bit. Maybe it will with Trey or Jerry. 

last time........klancher* to jimmy k in the fargodome i think......right on the money west coast style

edit: or bowhenkamp....can't remember the qb for sure but it was a dart..........

5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

McFooly said on hot mic that Red Wilson was in the portal.

he also said that UND fans want to see Tommy take a hike and Kaminski take over next year, he must be reading too many siouxfan97 posts…….. but yeah the consensus is we want to see some new QB take over

1. Anyone listens to McFooley? Or Dizzo? 

2. That propaganda is to lure Trey Feeney south because NDSU may have a QB in the portal (Cole Payton) if Cam Miller stays for his Covid year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1. Anyone listens to McFooley? Or Dizzo? 

2. That propaganda is to lure Trey Feeney south because NDSU may have a QB in the portal (Cole Payton) if Cam Miller stays for his Covid year. 

There is a good chance a UND QB enters the portal.  Who that will be, we shall see.  Will be very telling of where this coaching staff is leaning towards who decides to make that decision. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There is a good chance a UND QB enters the portal.  Who that will be, we shall see.  Will be very telling of where this coaching staff is leaning towards who decides to make that decision. 

What would Vegas put as the odds on each of the QBs transferring?