SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No question our OL coach is an asset. I don’t think anyone has thought or posted otherwise. I feel we’ve been lucky he hasn’t been poached yet.

Most likely good scenario is Bubba retires next year, Danny Freund is elevated to HC, and Pawlak gets OC. 

I don’t think you’ll see the “house get cleaned” so to speak, unless the 2024 season is an absolute disaster.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No question our OL coach is an asset. I don’t think anyone has thought or posted otherwise. I feel we’ve been lucky he hasn’t been poached yet.

He got any connections that could help turn around a defense? If they promoted HC from within I’d almost pick him first.

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Most likely good scenario is Bubba retires next year, Danny Freund is elevated to HC, and Pawlak gets OC

I think this would be the best that can be made with current staff members. 
maybe Freund would hire an outsider and say “fix the defense.”

would be nice if it would happen in this offseason before next season costs us another year. 

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Most likely good scenario is Bubba retires next year, Danny Freund is elevated to HC, and Pawlak gets OC. 

I don’t think you’ll see the “house get cleaned” so to speak, unless the 2024 season is an absolute disaster.

Doomsday scenario here

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

He got any connections that could help turn around a defense? If they promoted HC from within I’d almost pick him first.

He's recruited a few 300 pound guys who are sitting on the bench. Turn a couple into D linemen.

Before you tell me the OL can't tackle...how many of the DL can?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Keyword: yet!

look at the recruits he has brought in, Kilty leaving also opens up a spot for one of his teammates that he knows can fill the spot.

4 hours ago, homer said:

I know I’ll get jumped on as accepting the same old but this is exactly why the bigger schools wanted the transfer portal.   You hope not to lose them but it’s going to happen, just can’t be full turnover on the OL. 

You know for a fact that these guys have “anonymous” birdies in their ears telling them they would have an offer if they transferred. It happens all the time, Tucker Kraft was offered 6 figures…… and then turned it down, but he was already a slam dunk draftee

12 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You know for a fact that these guys have “anonymous” birdies in their ears telling them they would have an offer if they transferred. It happens all the time, Tucker Kraft was offered 6 figures…… and then turned it down, but he was already a slam dunk draftee

For sure somebody had to have his ear with unofficial offers if he has this much interest already

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Easton Kilty for UND hit the early transfer portal. Has been offered by

Texas Tech
Auburn
Oklahoma St
Boston College
Mississippi St
NC St

and that is in the first day. 

He was honorable mention on the All MVFC team.  Pretty BS

If UND plays to potential he is first team all-conference and earns some AA awards.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If UND plays to potential he is first team all-conference and earns some AA awards.  

'tis a little curious that NDSU gets 6 first teamers and we get a kick returner, with the same conference record...probably speaks to the individual talent deficit we've been talking about.

2 hours ago, Going48 said:

not to mention what he is being offered for NIL

I am assuming most/all these programs have NIL funds per position groups as a baseline, it's just sorting through the extra payments that is probably tricky.  Are these guys getting agents?  What a gong-show this is now.

• Upvote 4