SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

Just now, gfhockey said:

Whose next? I’m thinking lots of offensive players tired of Danny’s tricks

We pretend that some of these guys don't know football, lots of them have coaches in the family and have been around football their entire lives.  Some of the flaws on this staff are just so obvious.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, AJS said:

Let's pump the breaks here a bit. Not even close to ideal, but before everyone goes overboard, let's see what the next 48 hours brings us. 

Same ol’

is 7-4 every season good enough?

there will be some intrigue with departures and transfer arrivals, but net difference will be the same … mediocre coaching on game day

Losing players to the portal is far from a bad thing, IF, its program dictated. Clearly not the case with someone like Kilty. A program like UND just cannot afford many of the Kilty types of portal entries. Like others have said, I don't blame Kilty at all. No hard feelings here, what a great student-athlete! He'll get a bunch of really great offers!

• Like 1

I don’t want to lose anyone but this kind of goes back to my point about coaches being poached. If he were to just go to another FCS school, that would suck but if he ends up going to a legitimate FBS school (already has offer from Texas Tech) than you can’t blame the kid. 

• Like 2

Kilty with a Texas Tech offer already. Wow that was fast. Good for him! 

wish und would hit the portal that hard and find some FBS guys. Obviously you can’t build a team on transfers but they’ve had pretty good luck the past few years with guys they’ve got to come in. Tells me they should increase the amount they bring in. Wish they brought in a few more last year, especially at LB, as many of us had mentioned after last season was done… 

9 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Kilty with a Texas Tech offer already. Wow that was fast. Good for him! 

wish und would hit the portal that hard and find some FBS guys. Obviously you can’t build a team on transfers but they’ve had pretty good luck the past few years with guys they’ve got to come in. Tells me they should increase the amount they bring in. Wish they brought in a few more last year, especially at LB, as many of us had mentioned after last season was done… 

UND has under-utilized transfer portal in my opinion. Can’t build a team off it, but you can bring in more than 3-5 per season. Don’t be scared. Catch up with the times.

again, though, the instruction (or really the lack thereof) they end up getting after they arrive here is my major concern …

no evidence transfers will be put in position to get UND over the 7 win hump 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has under-utilized transfer portal in my opinion. Can’t build a team off it, but you can bring in more than 3-5 per season. Don’t be scared. Catch up with the times.

again, though, the instruction (or really the lack thereof) they end up getting after they arrive here is my major concern …

no evidence transfers will be put in position to get UND over the 7 win hump 

IMO top tier D2 guys are some of the best portal transfers.