SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

image.thumb.png.4a8973fb2cc3698191d7392e2d5ad4c8.png

UND has regressed in the recruiting of high level athletes. This needs to change. So many positions on this team need to be more athletic, including safety, linebacker, receiver, and, dare I say it … quarterback. 

hopefully the portal is utilized really well this year 

I’m still skeptical the current staff will know how to position and use the student-athletes … but oh well 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has regressed in the recruiting of high level athletes.

I thought there was general consensus that UND’s recruiting has trended upwards recently. Maybe I am not remembering correctly?  Or maybe there was but seeing them on campus has proved otherwise?  

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I thought there was general consensus that UND’s recruiting has trended upwards recently. Maybe I am not remembering correctly?  Or maybe there was but seeing them on campus has proved otherwise?  

I think it can be argued that the overall talent has actually improved, but it’s not by enough. A few positions may get better over a 4 year period, but then others fall back. Just not enough overall improvement. 

also, though, remember that UND hasn’t won more than 7 games in a season since 2016 …

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

When is the last time we threw a quick slant inside. Not a full straight across crossing pattern but a quick slant. We see teams do those all of the time against us with success. We have probably done some I'm sure, but it just seems like our passing scheme could be improved quite a bit. Maybe it will with Trey or Jerry. 

Because Tommy can't see over the OL :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Well I guess people get what they want. I really hope Tommy goes and tears it up. Guys super likable and a damn good QB no matter what everyone says. It was probably time to see something new but I think we may find ourselves missing what we had. 

I agree i hope excels where he goes. Maybe it was Danny who hampered his progress or was scared for him to throw it deap

we will see

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wonder if he may end up back at his original commitment, Ashland University. Grand Valley State always comes to mind too just because I’m familiar with them from the D2 days, no longer know anything haha. 

That’s my guess. Wants to play close to home and will play at a lower level.  

4 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Not a current UND transfer portal item but I see Chrysten Cochran has entered the portal again and has wrangled up an offer from Wyoming.  I thought he had a lot of potential that we didn't use.....

I’m thinking red flag when a player hits the portal more than once.

• Upvote 2