SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

30 minutes ago, UNDTIM20 said:

I don’t think Feeney is the answer. And is Jerry ready? Let’s hit the portal and see what’s out there.

Based on what evidence?  He did well when he played. If he continues to improve, and we protect him, it looks like he has all of the physical tools to be a very good QB. 
Kaminskii also has the physical tools to be a very good QB.  He has no game experience yet. 
Don’t forget Romfo. He is very athletic and all he did before getting here was win  Granted it was hs but he is a great athlete and never lost a game in HS. There has got to be a place for him in our offensive scheme. 
Hopefully, the opportunity to be the starting QB will lead to healthy competition which pushes all 3 of these guys to reach their full potential. 
This should allow a fresh approach to our potential offensive schemes, especially extending our passing game. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, UNDTIM20 said:

I don’t think Feeney is the answer. And is Jerry ready? Let’s hit the portal and see what’s out there.

jerry was ready day 1............what a waste of a year going with tommy if the coaches and tommy even thought he was entering the portal.....would've been nice to have jerry or trey with some experience for the ia state game........

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If Bubba hits the portal for a starting QB next season it will set this team back a couple of years and he won't get a solid QB recruit anytime soon.

Unless you find a Braden Hanson caliber guy, I say you stick with what you got and let it develop. There will be some growing pains, but that is where Danny needs to develop as well. I'd be more concerned with adding another RB out of the portal. Z is going to be good, but we see what injuries can do.

As someone else mentioned, we could be sitting here next year wishing Tommy had stuck around, but it is worth the risk to see what is next for this program. Tommy definitely was able to make some plays that I don't anticipate a new and younger QB will make, but I think there will be throws that these younger guys can make that Tommy couldn't.

Or as was also mentioned, this will really reveal how much of the issue was on play calling and not the capability of the player. 

I guess time will tell, but best luck to Tommy! Looking forward to see where he lands and how he does next year.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Why the cheap shot?  It was already reported that he has entered the portal. The kid played hard, had more success than failure. 

Very few of us have a clear understanding of what it takes to play and compete at this level. This is the type of nonsense that shows a lack of class.  Most posters are mature enough to thank him for his dedication and efforts toward moving the program forward regardless of our frustrations with team performance. 

not a cheap shot......totally accurate........and my fans on here wanted it at least one more time before its retired.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Unless you find a Braden Hanson caliber guy, I say you stick with what you got and let it develop. There will be some growing pains, but that is where Danny needs to develop as well. I'd be more concerned with adding another RB out of the portal. Z is going to be good, but we see what injuries can do.

As someone else mentioned, we could be sitting here next year wishing Tommy had stuck around, but it is worth the risk to see what is next for this program. Tommy definitely was able to make some plays that I don't anticipate a new and younger QB will make, but I think there will be throws that these younger guys can make that Tommy couldn't.

Or as was also mentioned, this will really reveal how much of the issue was on play calling and not the capability of the player. 

I guess time will tell, but best luck to Tommy! Looking forward to see where he lands and how he does next year.

Why would a RB want to commit here when they add from the portal every year? Ya injuries happen I get that but I think we got 3 solid back’s coming back next year. And Hunt is not one of them. He obviously doesn’t fit in with what they were looking for. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone. 

Trey is a gun slinger. These run pass options that we run will be more pass happy. Which will lead to more turnovers. That’s my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not a cheap shot......totally accurate........and my fans on here wanted it at least one more time before its retired.

I appreciated seeing the meme one final time!

It may go down in history as the greatest meme to ever be posted on SS.com

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jerry was ready day 1............what a waste of a year going with tommy if the coaches and tommy even thought he was entering the portal.....would've been nice to have jerry or trey with some experience for the ia state game........

I don't know who was/is ready or who isn't ready but regardless of Tommy leaving or if he was coming back why don't we attempt to develop our QB position with game reps?  This season there were times another option could/should have gotten the reigns.  So now we are in a position of a starting QB with 15 snaps, 10 snaps, and 0 snaps.(estimating)

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I appreciated seeing the meme one final time!

It may go down in history as the greatest meme to ever be posted on SS.com

it was my idea but my coworker that covers the drive thru knocked it out in three minutes on his smoke break....!!!!!!!!