SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Directly in line with both Sagarin and Massey.

Yup. Most Vegas lines start at Sagarin and then move with the money as it comes in. 

And before anyone says it,
I study odds-making as a hobby and only gamble on PowerBall and bingo nights at Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration*. <- That's for you @petey23 

*I think that's the right name. :D 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:37 AM, sioux24/7 said:

I’m nervous about the QB power in this game. Cam Miller had what 5 rushing touchdowns in last years game? 

NDSU might be in trouble playing other teams because of how reliant they are on the QB power run game and how team have them figured out, but UND has not proven they can defend the one thing NDSU is still good at. If we can’t get this figured out this game will be another let down. Both NDSU lines are less dominant than they have been in a decade. We need to take advantage of it Saturday otherwise it will be a long 365 days until the next match….

On 10/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is not just another game. This is completely false. Coaches and players have it circled. They know it’s a full house, especially at the Alerus Center. It’s the only opponent that sells out the Alerus… UND players know and recognize it. It’s a big game

This game for NDSU is a must win for the first time in the modern era matchups. They can’t afford another loss this year or risk getting a seed. This game is finally as important for them as it is UND. They can’t afford right now to lose the #1 team in ND ranking.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yup. Most Vegas lines start at Sagarin and then move with the money as it comes in. 

And before anyone says it,
I study odds-making as a hobby and only gamble on PowerBall and bingo nights at Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration*. <- That's for you @petey23 

*I think that's the right name. :D 

I have no idea what to make of this game point spread wise and will most likely not be including it in my Saturday morning "work product"

Do you think they are practicing more this week with having two NG's in at the same time?  We need to figure out how to stop the plow once they get it hitched up.....which I'm sure they will have it hitched up on the very first snap.  Wasn't that FBS DE transfer pretty good size, maybe he gets more reps this week? 

In the 90's I always felt our coaches were an advantage and have things schemed up properly going into the NDSU game and other big games and have us an edge.  Sadly I generally don't feel that way and haven't for a while. Danny has been really good at times though and I do like him, but we have still struggled on offense on many big games. But a lot of that has come down to we couldn't run the ball with any consistency. If you can do that, it makes everything easier. 

I do recall when Montana State came into the Alerus 7-8 years ago and were highly ranked and were averaging like 300 yards on the ground.....and we had some injuries on the DL. I thought there was NO way we were going to stop them, but we shut them down pretty well and won that game. We need to pull off that kind of magic again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Do you think they are practicing more this week with having two NG's in at the same time?  We need to figure out how to stop the plow once they get it hitched up.....which I'm sure they will have it hitched up on the very first snap.  Wasn't that FBS DE transfer pretty good size, maybe he gets more reps this week? 

In the 90's I always felt our coaches were an advantage and have things schemed up properly going into the NDSU game and other big games and have us an edge.  Sadly I generally don't feel that way and haven't for a while. Danny has been really good at times though and I do like him, but we have still struggled on offense on many big games. But a lot of that has come down to we couldn't run the ball with any consistency. If you can do that, it makes everything easier. 

I do recall when Montana State came into the Alerus 7-8 years ago and were highly ranked and were averaging like 300 yards on the ground.....and we had some injuries on the DL. I thought there was NO way we were going to stop them, but we shut them down pretty well and won that game. We need to pull off that kind of magic again. 

I think that you're thinking of the 2019 home game vs. Montana State that we won 16-12.  I was there and, you're right, we did an outstanding job of stopping the run.  I believe that we won on a 4th quarter blocked punt by our tight end that we recovered in the end zone.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

They can’t afford right now to lose the #1 team in ND ranking.

NDSU never been able to afford that, and UND hasn’t held that ranking for over 15 years ….

The #1 team in ND ranking is up for grabs (again) and that needs to be the main priority come Saturday. Get that ranking and bring it back to UND for the first time over 15 years … 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

it's what SDSU did to UND also.  They had a backup tackle wearing a TE number during the game.  Then did direct snap to I. Davis.  In this case, NDSU will just direct snap to the QB and run with heavy sets with FB lead.  They will run and run and run it all game because it will get them 5 to 10 yards a play.  UND could not stop it against SDSU and they to get it figured out or NDSU and USD are going to do the same thing.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I think that you're thinking of the 2019 home game vs. Montana State that we won 16-12.  I was there and, you're right, we did an outstanding job of stopping the run.  I believe that we won a 4th quarter blocked punt by our tight end that we recovered in the end zone.

Yes that was the game I was thinking of. Kostich Kostich'd that day. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

NDSU never been able to afford that, and UND hasn’t held that ranking for over 15 years ….

The #1 team in ND ranking is up for grabs (again) and that needs to be the main priority come Saturday. Get that ranking and bring it back to UND for the first time over 15 years … 

and keep it !