SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

Had a better feeling before the sdsu game about where the team is, after the game I’m not sure

Really our only good win is against northern Arizona 

UND has such a slim margin for error, need that one break that flips the game

i see a lot of resale tickets for ridiculous amounts, I hope they sit empty rather than selling to an ndsu fan 

20 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

34-17 is unfortunately what I'm thinking. Another big game gets us

or do we do a sodak....down 21-3 at half with tommy's 9-11 51yds and bubba says TREY/JERRY.....GRAB YOUR BIG BOY PANTS IT'S YOUR TIME.

24-21 sioux (48 yd fg straight thru the uprights at 0:00)...

goalposts end up in the coulee by wilkerson

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just don't have a good feeling about this game. There is nothing this year or in past years that makes me feel like UND can win. Going to be a same sh!@ different year kind of game I feel. And saying that NDSU is down this year isn't enough either. I feel better hearing that when UND beats them not just South Dakota. They are the better team until we can prove that they are not! I hope they prove me wrong this Saturday. GO HAWKS!!!

24 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Doesn’t feel like there is as much buzz as two years ago or confidence in the town right now

In 2021 it was only the fourth game of the season.  We had gone on the road and handled Idaho State, convinced ourselves that Utah State was hampered by factors beyond our control (weather, time of night), and rolled Drake at home.

This year, we've already seen what happens in a big game (and it's not good), so I can understand the lack of confidence.  Beat either Boise St. or SDSU and this town is feeling much different.  I do suspect, however, by Saturday, there will be a good vibe going.  NDSU in football and Wisconsin in hockey on the same day is pretty special.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Doesn’t feel like there is as much buzz as two years ago or confidence in the town right now

Agree. That SDSU pummeling just took a lot out of fans hopes, was like a gut punch to everyone. That said, come Saturday I think all UND fans will be pretty pumped and it will feel pretty electric in the Alerus! We need to get off to a good start. I wonder if we take the ball again right away. Would be pretty demoralizing if we kicked off and NDSU went right down and scored. 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

convinced ourselves that Utah State was hampered by factors beyond our control (weather, time of night)

This type of pathological justification amongst UND supporters is a major reason we are still doubting ourselves in 2023 … enabling a mediocre at best coaching staff to have lifetime contracts for UND. 

USD beat them at their place and I'd like to think we're better than USD, so there's that.   It's now or never when it comes to beating NDSU.   If it doesn't happen this year it might be a long wait.   I will admit I feel less smug about this game since SDSU

I understand the trepidation many of you are experiencing.

I'm old enough to remember having the same feeling many, many years ago before the Mike Mooney Moment (MMM). The Bison had those great teams back then; had UND's number.

Them ONE PLAY made all the difference. Changed history. It was the MMM.

If it could happen then, why not now?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

This is an average NDSU team. This is not an NDSU team of 5,6,7 years ago than owned the FCS.   Their two QBs run the ball well and that is it.  Below average passing game and well below average defense.

Cam Miller has the highest pass completion percentage in the FCS, and is #5 in Passing Efficiency.  Not exactly below average.