SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Given all the sets and motion and looks Freund's offense gives, running this would be considered the "trick play". :D  

Picture1-2-2-1024x453.png

Which is one of the reasons we struggle against good teams.  Two shifts and then motion to throw a pass to a receiver that is 2 yards down field...

7 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How’s ndsu health

any word on nelquist

bhzz starting to pick up in town finally

According to Kelly on the 360 pod, it sounds like a shoulder thing for Belquist. Didn’t say he wouldn’t play but that Red is in a better position. 

just took a quick peak over at bisonville...they are still talking about the last game, and truely, anything else but this sat. vs und.  hate to admit it, this game means way more to us than them.  the majority of their fans still kinda snicker and laugh when they talk about UND football.....it sure would be nice to take care of business on saturday, to really get the old rivalry back....we shall see, i guess

5 minutes ago, 1972 said:

just took a quick peak over at bisonville...they are still talking about the last game, and truely, anything else but this sat. vs und.  hate to admit it, this game means way more to us than them.  the majority of their fans still kinda snicker and laugh when they talk about UND football.....it sure would be nice to take care of business on saturday, to really get the old rivalry back....we shall see, i guess

When we win Saturday bisonville will implode.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 1972 said:

They are probably all on a group snapchat,  sharing sheep stories and urination pictures. 

• Upvote 3

There is an "exclusive" section of their board where their admin ('tony') is the gatekeeper. Willing to bet any discussion is not in a more public forum. 

However, I have acquired secret video of the right of passage ceremony to that section ... pretty sure that's Bison Dan saying 'thank you' ... 

4 hours ago, 61hawk said:

You're correct I must have taken too many elbows to the head while you were in the stands being entertained and screaming out my name like a high school girl on prom night.  But,we were 9-0 against NDSU so it was worth it.

I found a couple instances where we beat The Terd 7 times in a row(77-79) and 6 times in a row(85-87). What years did you play?

I started school in the Fall of 84 and went to most home basketball games and lived in Smith Hall my freshmen year so got to know quite a few guys on the team. 

Loved the Hyslop and I was kind of a basketball junkie back then, probably played pick up ball 3 times a week my first couple years on average as well as raquetball and made good use of the pool and sauna.

I rememeber when I was at UND the joke was that Dave Gunther could walk through Gamble Hall on Thursday afternoon and grab 7-8 guys and still beat Erv that weekend.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I found a couple instances where we beat The Terd 7 times in a row(77-79) and 6 times in a row(85-87).

Curious.
Claimed a "9-0 against NDSU" but the only such run I find was in 1937-39. 

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sidearm.nextgen.sites/undsports.com/documents/2023/1/4/2022-23_UND_MBB_Media_Guide_for_Web.pdf 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Curious.
Claimed a "9-0 against NDSU" but the only such run I find was in 1937-39. 

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sidearm.nextgen.sites/undsports.com/documents/2023/1/4/2022-23_UND_MBB_Media_Guide_for_Web.pdf 

I didn't say how old I was, maybe it was 6 in a row, we might have lost to them in a tournament... I know we never lost to them at home and I want to say we beat them all four times in Fargo.

EDIT: Well hell we lost to them twice, once in a tournament and once in Fargo.  I now remember the loss in Fargo, we sucked the whole game.  I had to look at the schedule... the tournament loss was us going 0-3 for the tournament.  I want to say we had guys sick.  They say the mind is the second thing to go.

59 minutes ago, 1972 said:

They do that on purpose to act like they don't care

1 hour ago, 61hawk said:

I didn't say how old I was, maybe it was 6 in a row, we might have lost to them in a tournament... I know we never lost to them at home and I want to say we beat them all four times in Fargo.

EDIT: Well hell we lost to them twice, once in a tournament and once in Fargo.  I now remember the loss in Fargo, we sucked the whole game.  I had to look at the schedule... the tournament loss was us going 0-3 for the tournament.  I want to say we had guys sick.  They say the mind is the second thing to go.

I am an Internet Detective. :D

1970-1988--Dave Gunther coached at UND

1985-90--Gino Gasparini was Athletic Director

You mentioned the 80's.

Just narrowing it down a bit....haha

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I am an Internet Detective. :D

1970-1988--Dave Gunther coached at UND

You mentioned the 80's.

Just narrowing it down a bit....haha

If you look at the media guide, look in the records for the top 10 for several categories.  If you look closely, you won't find my name in any of them.  Had UND gone to D-1AA back then, my name would have probably been on a roster for AVTI.

• Upvote 1

I started at UND fall 78 - no doubt I watched 61Hawk play. Was a magical time that we beat su at least three times in football. Had an insane long home basketball winning streak. I went to almost all home basketball, football and hockey games and still finished in four years. Won I think two national hockey tournaments. I digress - Ugh

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 61hawk said:

If you look at the media guide, look in the records for the top 10 for several categories.  If you look closely, you won't find my name in any of them.  Had UND gone to D-1AA back then, my name would have probably been on a roster for AVTI.

Educated guess says you may be from a City in Southeastern North Dakota?