SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

Just now, shep said:

I have friends who are BIson fans who buy UND season tix just for this game.

But I really can't understand the UND fans who sell their seats to the Bison fans for this game.

Saw too much of that 2 years ago.

That is simply unacceptable. Some things are more important than $$$$$. Making sure the Alerus Center doesn't turn into Fargodome North is one of them.

• Upvote 4

To me this isn't the same as it was 20-30 years ago.  Kind of like with the Gophers in hockey.  I don't think  this means as much to the players.  With recruiting having expanded out of the region for both teams this just ends up bring another game.    For NDSU I think they see the Jacks as a bigger rival.

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They are awful. The ag bumpkin who sat behind me at 2021 NDSU@UND was quiet the whole game but turned into a damn bugler  in the 4th quarter: “Luepke, Luepke, Luepke!”… my God, please just beat these cocky b*stards to the south, just please. 

Had a similar experience as well. Bison fan didn't say a word all game until the 4th quarter. Imagine my shock when I turned around and saw a 300 pound, one tooth monster. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, siouxweet said:

To me this isn't the same as it was 20-30 years ago.  Kind of like with the Gophers in hockey.  I don't think  this means as much to the players.  With recruiting having expanded out of the region for both teams this just ends up bring another game.    For NDSU I think they see the Jacks as a bigger rival.

Watch the players and coaches from both teams on Saturday and revisit “it’s just another game” for them.  

As I was leaving the Fargodome…maybe ?3 years ago… the  man working and helping seat/direct people commented on my UND t-shirt. I explained my connection and he said he was a UND graduate. “No way, my whole life, would I cheer for NDSU. I would not be in the Fargodome unless they paid me.” We both laughed. I would love it if we beat them in OUR Alerus. Go UND

• Upvote 1

What would be the chance that if UND wins this weekend, that Bubba would feel that mission is accomplished and it is now ok for him to sail off into the fundraising mode of his career?

Or, on the flip side, that another ‘bad’ loss may lead to someone (or several someone’s) stepping up to buy out the rest of his contract?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, zonadub said:

What would be the chance that if UND wins this weekend, that Bubba would feel that mission is accomplished and it is now ok for him to sail off into the fundraising mode of his career?

Or, on the flip side, that another ‘bad’ loss may lead to someone (or several someone’s) stepping up to buy out the rest of his contract?

What would the definition of a bad loss be?  This thing will be close.  UND finds a way to pull it out.

29 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

What would the definition of a bad loss be?

I'm of the opinion that, at this point, any kind of loss this week is bad.  If it's blowout, obviously that's bad.  If it's close, then we play the woulda/coulda/shoulda game, which is also bad.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

What would the definition of a bad loss be?  This thing will be close.  UND finds a way to pull it out.

I like this question. For me.

• Nightmare Loss: 22+
  • Bad Loss: 14-21
  • Not sure what to make of it loss: 8-13
  • What could have been loss: 1-7

• Upvote 1

One thing I will say is I'm not sure I've ever been less confident in my "what kind of team is this" feeling thru 5 games. That should be enough of a body of work to have a good sense. I really don't have a good one.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

One thing I will say is I'm not sure I've ever been less confident in my "what kind of team is this" feeling thru 5 games. That should be enough of a body of work to have a good sense. I really don't have a good one.  

Yeah, I'm with you there.  The choices are steam roll the opponent, or get steam rolled by the opponent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Totally agree, if we win this even by one point.....we are now having visions of possibly going 9-2 or 8-3 and we are feeling really good. We lose this, most likely we don't make the playoffs unless we win our the rest of the way which probably won't happen, and we are feeling like the season is sorta over. 

There have been a lot of big games over the past couple of years, but this one just feels like it's the biggest because if  we can't beat SU at home when they are beatable....I don't know when it's ever gonna happen. 

And to your point.....I have no gut feeling about us as to if we are going to win this game, get beat.....or get beat by 2 ore more scores. I have no clue what is going to happen on Saturday.