SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

bet we loose to idaho and san diego

Actually I'd bet we lose to Idaho State and Indiana State.   We always play terrible against Idaho State and we damn near lost to Indiana State last year.   And we play Indiana State on the road this year.

• Upvote 1

In light of the events since the last game(1 and done playoff appearance)...

2024 North Dakota Football Schedule
Aug. 31            at Iowa State - LOSS
Sept. 7            vs. Montana - LOSS
Sept. 14          vs. Idaho State- TOSS UP
Sept. 21          vs. San Diego-WIN
Sept. 28          vs. Murray State*-WIN

Oct. 5               at North Dakota State*-LOSS
Oct. 12             BYE
Oct. 19            vs. Northern Iowa*- TOSS UP
Oct. 26             at Youngstown State* - LOSS
Nov. 2              at Indiana State*-TOSS UP
Nov. 9              vs. South Dakota State*- LOSS
Nov. 16            vs. South Dakota* - TOSS UP

Nov. 23            at Illinois State* - LOSS

We have 5 all but guaranteed LOSSES, 1 probable LOSS(MONTANA), 2 all but guaranteed WINS and 3 TOSS UPS.

Lose at home vs UNI and we could lose the last 7 games of the season.

Best case is 7-5 and a playoff berth, worst case is 2-10.

Would make a bet we have no more than 7 wins and at least 5 losses.

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Oct. 12             BYE

We have 5 all but guaranteed LOSSES, 1 probable LOSS(MONTANA), 2 all but guaranteed WINS and 3 TOSS UPS.

Lose at home vs UNI and we could lose the last games of the season.

Bet case is 7-5 and a playoff berth, worst case is 2-10.

2-10....and i may be optimistic on the 2....after next year they are going to name it the North Dakota Football portal.  we are not going to get quality kids to come, let alone, stay here for a mediocore at best football program..  like i said eralier, shut it down.  they dont care

14 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Oct. 12             BYE

Lose at home vs UNI and we could lose the last 7 games of the season.

Best case is 7-5 and a playoff berth, worst case is 2-10.

Would make a bet we have no more than 7 wins and at least 5 losses.

I don't think I would call uni a toss up.   Loss in my book 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Can we put to rest any thought that the comments and opinions on this site have any influence on the football program. 

That's the problem; the suits in the athletic department don't give a damn about what the friends and supporters of this fine institution think. They have their cute country club positions secured. It doesn't matter how bad our teams get, nothing will change.

The only person who can change this is President Armacost.

• Upvote 1

Though I post here quite often, I have no expectation the Prez or AD will or should listen to anonymous fans.

The ones they will listen to: the money people!

See Englestad, Ralph and successors.

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Though I post here quite often, I have no expectation the Prez or AD will or should listen to anonymous fans.

The ones they will listen to: the money people!

See Englestad, Ralph and successors.

I have a hard time believing the money people are content with all this.

And if this sorry situation continues, the support and money will gradually dry up. Not all at once, but eventually. And the worse things get, the harder it will be to clean up.

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That's the problem; the suits in the athletic department don't give a damn about what the friends and supporters of this fine institution think. They have their cute country club positions secured. It doesn't matter how bad our teams get, nothing will change.

The only person who can change this is President Armacost.

Don’t forget about their lanyards they prance around weating

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well does it go without saying that this new NIL start up is dead? Asking for a friend…..

Based on the positive comments that were posted under the Twitter/Facebook posting of the extension I would say it will do just fine. I plan to support it because I want the program to be able to compete. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm looking forward to the new wrinkles in our offense.   fingers crossed on defense improvement.

I am too, not only the new wrinkles but also to see the impact of having a different QB. You would think the QB battle would be some that everyone would be talking about right now, but haven't heard much of anything. 

I did see Miller had an article not too long ago but I was unable to read it. I had an online subscription last fall so I could read the football articles, but then cancelled it in January. Which even before without a subscription I could read one or two periodically but now I can't read any without paying for subscriptions. So not being able to read any articles probably makes me feel more out of the loop, but has also been little to no discussion on here. 

Think I saw the spring wrap up thing is today? 

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I am too, not only the new wrinkles but also to see the impact of having a different QB. You would think the QB battle would be some that everyone would be talking about right now, but haven't heard much of anything. 

I did see Miller had an article not too long ago but I was unable to read it. I had an online subscription last fall so I could read the football articles, but then cancelled it in January. Which even before without a subscription I could read one or two periodically but now I can't read any without paying for subscriptions. So not being able to read any articles probably makes me feel more out of the loop, but has also been little to no discussion on here. 

Think I saw the spring wrap up thing is today? 

Drinking from a fire hose with new OC.  The QB's are taking a lot in.  Need a ton of film to grasp in real time.  Glad three are battling at QB in spring and absorb it this summer and display results come fall practice.  I think we are in good hands.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, forksandspoons said:

Good point from Tom Miller about the impact of the new S&C coach being overlooked a bit by fans: 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-football-mailbag-qb-race-new-coach-impressions-rising-stars-and-more

I’m hoping that our new S&C guy is a big improvement.. would be really nice to see some of our players develop from freshman to senior the way we have been seeing the bison and rabbit players develop. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure what thread this goes on… this morning the Minneapolis Star Tribune had an article in the sports section about NIL for high school athletes. I believe it is the first in a series. A Minnetonka girl’s BB player is the nation’s #6 recruit. She made a deal with New Balance. Her team all wore new New Balance shoes on the way to their state championship. Not sure this is a good direction for high school sports.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Not sure what thread this goes on… this morning the Minneapolis Star Tribune had an article in the sports section about NIL for high school athletes. I believe it is the first in a series. A Minnetonka girl’s BB player is the nation’s #6 recruit. She made a deal with New Balance. Her team all wore new New Balance shoes on the way to their state championship. Not sure this is a good direction for high school sports.

Your point is still valid but the story is a little misleading.  The team did get shoes from new balance but they were more like knock around shoes, not basketball shoes.  Technically they ‘wore them on the way to the state championship’ since they wore them on the bus ride to the game. 

• Upvote 1