SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Okay provide proof then? 

I'm not sure how anyone can prove either way.  I was told be someone that works at Midco SN that he saw Pat arrive for an interview when they were hiring for the position.  He would have not reason to make it up.

20 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I'm not sure how anyone can prove either way.  I was told be someone that works at Midco SN that he saw Pat arrive for an interview when they were hiring for the position.  He would have not reason to make it up.

Pats big lack in skill was no sales experience. That position at the time when midco sn was getting started was weighted towards advertising sales 70% calling games 30%

40 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Dude is retired now anyway. I still believe it was ultimately his decision not to take the job. He would have been the obvious choice. He maybe chose not to go after it in the end. 

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

So dumb. Was probably a salary issue. There’s no way you pass on Pat, unless he asked for too much.

If they offered Sweeney the broadcasting gig with nothing else required, he might take it. If they insist on the sales component, he'll probably say "no thank you".

4 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

Has anyone found a scenario in you are the committee in which UND gets the 2 seed? The best I found was being .0009 points away from the second seed

2nd overall? There is none. BC and BU have the top 2 seeds locked up.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

From the scenarios I’ve tried, UND doesn’t get a one seed if they lose to Omaha

It looks UND is #3 overall with W-W, #4 overall with W-L, and #2 seed with L.

Quick question for those that really dive into this at this time of year. because of the pair wise predictor/calculator- if everything is entered as the weekend goes correctly, there is essentially no surprises to the selections come Sunday?  Because the numbers are what they are by Saturday night, as well as the auto-bids, so The field will be known Saturday night &  even the seeds? Would the only real unknowns come Sunday morning be which region teams get sent to?   

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So a win on Friday night would probably lock up a #1 seed?

FWIW, in 2016 we were the #3 overall seed.

It looks like we could backdoor our way to a #1 seed with a Denver loss to SCSU and a Michigan State loss to Michigan, but I think a win on Friday wraps up a #1 seed.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So a win on Friday night would probably lock up a #1 seed?

FWIW, in 2016 we were the #3 overall seed.

FWIW- I am not confident that we could win without last change this year. In 2016, I was confident if we had to play short-handed.

6 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

FWIW- I am not confident that we could win without last change this year. In 2016, I was confident if we had to play short-handed.

With that top line and d-core, Dane could’ve skated a few shifts and we probably would’ve been alright. (Well not against DU.)

22 minutes ago, the green team said:

Quick question for those that really dive into this at this time of year. because of the pair wise predictor/calculator- if everything is entered as the weekend goes correctly, there is essentially no surprises to the selections come Sunday?  Because the numbers are what they are by Saturday night, as well as the auto-bids, so The field will be known Saturday night &  even the seeds? Would the only real unknowns come Sunday morning be which region teams get sent to?   

The Pairwise Ratings have correctly predicted the tournament field for the last 20+ years.    They are also committed to placing tournament hosts in their home regional. 

Beyond that is where uncertainty lies.   

Specifically, does the Committee protect the #1 ans #2 overall seeds?  (The Committee Chair this year is from Vermont FWIW.) 

Also, and related, how far do they bend to avoid intra-conference matchups in round one?  

9 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Yeah, I am not worried about that. With a #3 overall seed, we would have last change against all but two teams.

In any event, championship teams find a way even if everything isn't entirely in their favor.

• Upvote 1

They will basically be home games for UND in the Sioux Falls regional. That needs to be the objective moving forward. Get a #1 seed.  Winning the NCHC tournament is secondary IMO.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

They will basically be home games for UND in the Sioux Falls regionsl. That needs to be the objective moving forward. Winning the NCHC tournament is secondary IMO.

But, winning the NCHC tournament would basically guarantee we'd be in Sioux Falls, correct? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

But, winning the NCHC tournament would basically guarantee we'd be in Sioux Falls, correct? 

Beating Omaha gets them a #1 seed if I'm understanding it all correct. My guess if UND is a 1 and UNO is a 3 both well be on SF.....$$$$