SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I always hope for a play by play guy that calls the action and a color guy that only speaks when the puck is not moving.

Why? It’s TV, the picture is right there. How much play by play does one need, if the picture tells the story?

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If this is voir dire I'm using a peremptory challenge against Dean Wilson. 

Just steal Mike LaMoine from the radio side. 

This might be the one thing that would get me to stop watching Sioux Hockey.  He is horrible.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

The good news is that UND won't play another "away" game all season.
All that is left is Home and Neutral.

Plus, the big advantage with playing at home...every remaining game that UND will play (assuming they stay the same in PWR) they'll have last line change unless they meet BC or BU in the Frozen Four.

I understand the benefit of first line change and matching lines, but I felt that UND has had a deeper lineup than the vast majority of our opponents and that the line matching shouldn't be as impactful as it seems to be.  Not having played hockey, this is also likely an area where I am naive.

23 minutes ago, RedFrog said:

I understand the benefit of first line change and matching lines, but I felt that UND has had a deeper lineup than the vast majority of our opponents and that the line matching shouldn't be as impactful as it seems to be.  Not having played hockey, this is also likely an area where I am naive.

That should be the goal: To build a team which can match up with any opponent no matter what line they put out.

7 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

I could see Fabian getting a shot at the color position.  Just don't let the lamoreaux girls in there

They both already do some work for the network, so I would guess they both would be in the running.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

I could see Fabian getting a shot at the color position.  Just don't let the lamoreaux girls in there

Agreed on the twins but he makes me uncomfortable as well.

Happy for Alex, he's good at what he does and it was clear he was destined to level up.

My wife loves Jake's accent (and Hennessey's too, she's not a midwestern gal), and I appreciate his willingness to call a spade a spade. Really knowledgeable too; extemporaneous speaking isn't his strength, but I enjoyed him.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Happy for Alex, he's good at what he does and it was clear he was destined to level up.

My wife loves Jake's accent (and Hennessey's too, she's not a midwestern gal), and I appreciate his willingness to call a spade a spade. Really knowledgeable too; extemporaneous speaking isn't his strength, but I enjoyed him.

Accent? What accent?:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, The Sicatoka said:

If this is voir dire I'm using a peremptory challenge against Dean Wilson. 

I agree with this totally. Really don't like this guy nor his announcing (lack of) ability.

• Upvote 2