SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

On 3/15/2024 at 9:01 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Put him and Kristo on an analyst panel and it'd be a foreign language. 

“Berg chin-tucked comes into the circle low and slow—the true veteran that he is—wins the draw back to Livanavage who claps an absolute bomb that goes bar down for the 1-0 lead.”

Stated before, but the WMU announcer does the best pxp on NCHCtv IMO. Not a homer screamer, no need with the Lawson Lunatics, and no ‘cliche’ remarks. I digress, Let’s Go Sioux & make ‘em pay for any cheap stuff again.

• Upvote 2

On 3/15/2024 at 8:56 AM, Benny Baker said:

Midco needs to splurge on about 10-round trip Allegiant tickets a year and fly in Jordan Schmaltz from Scottsdale as the new analyst.

Guy talks way too much with his hands and of course I have no idea what he is saying 95% of the time. Enjoyed him as a player, not as an analyst. Anyone catch his X posts. Good grief, he might as well be speaking a foreign language. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

Guy talks way too much with his hands and of course I have no idea what he is saying 95% of the time. Enjoyed him as a player, not as an analyst. Anyone catch his X posts. Good grief, he might as well be speaking a foreign language. 

Its too much. Takes the character too far.

I believe there's someone who had some pertinent advice on the matter.

5gn55.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 3/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, rhenry8439 said:

My vote is Ryan Cunningham from KNOX. He is a lively guy when calling local sports.

He's right where he belongs...on minimum wage radio where all he can do is bitch bitch bitch...PLUS!  He was so eager to escape the HIGH TAX RATES on living in GF - the town he complains about all time - he made the brilliant decision to buy a "cheap" house in Thompson that he later found out was zoned "Commercial"   Nice job genius!

BRILLIANT!

On 3/16/2024 at 2:39 PM, Benny Baker said:

“Berg chin-tucked comes into the circle low and slow—the true veteran that he is—wins the draw back to Livanavage who claps an absolute bomb that goes bar down for the 1-0 lead.”

Those are some filthy mitts; he's got the house sauce just right on that dish. 

(Translated: something about good hands making saucer pass across the slot) 

O'Keefe, Hammer, Sweeney, none are young men. Hennessy's not either.
Alex is talented and that gets noticed nationally. 

It's not easy (see Brandt's 7-hour weekend round trips). 

Soon enough it'll be Jody N on TV and Darren L on radio sitting next to ... TBD ... 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

O'Keefe, Hammer, Sweeney, none are young men. Hennessy's not either.
Alex is talented and that gets noticed nationally. 

It's not easy (see Brandt's 7-hour weekend round trips). 

Soon enough it'll be Jody N on TV and Darren L on radio sitting next to ... TBD ... 

Likely.

I like Jody and think he can do a fine job.

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2024 at 12:05 PM, gfhockey said:

What about Rachel Herzog? Has expierence doing scsu games and easy in eyes

She never did live play by play/commentary. Respectfully, I think she’d be in over her head. 

Then the blonde gal (Taylor) with Midco does a a solid job with her role at intermissions, after the game etc.