SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think Blake should definitely get in the hat trick. Could even win if the vote split happens. 

Blake made the final 3 

17 hours ago, brianvf said:

I feel like that has a pretty good shot at happening.  Even if UND beats UNO.
It's either that, or the committee puts three NCHC teams in one regional, which would suck as well.

Why the heck would UND get shipped east if they are a #1 seed? Which is probably what will happen if we beat Omaha on Friday. Omaha's fan base is not even close to the size of UND's, so shipping us out east would hurt attendance in Sioux Falls. Since the NC$$ loves $$$$$, the only reason I can think of is to make it harder for us to get to St. Paul (again).

Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why the heck would UND get shipped east if they are a #1 seed? Which is probably what will happen if we beat Omaha on Friday. Omaha's fan base is not even close to the size of UND's, so shipping us out east would hurt attendance in Sioux Falls. Since the NC$$ loves $$$$$, the only reason I can think of is to make it harder for us to get to St. Paul (again).

Just a thought.

And that's not real.

If we win, we'll be in Sioux Falls.

• Upvote 1

With Omaha being the host they are automatically in Sioux Falls correct?

At the end of the weekend if they are in that 10-12 range that would make them a 3 seed in Sioux Falls.

If UND is a 2 seed then it's "do we want an inter conference first round matchup".

Going to depend on how many NCHC teams. 

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

With Omaha being the host they are automatically in Sioux Falls correct?

At the end of the weekend if they are in that 10-12 range that would make them a 3 seed in Sioux Falls.

If UND is a 2 seed then it's "do we want an inter conference first round matchup".

Going to depend on how many NCHC teams. 

I would guess 3 to 4 NCHC teams get in, with 5 possible. We could get up to 6 if everything fell into place, but that is highly unlikely.

23 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

@brianvf seems to disagree with you.

:D
Still a week to go, but playing around with the YATC, with that logjam of NCHC teams on the bubble...it could for sure happen. 
Unless there's 5 NCHC teams in the tourney and they end up not caring about a first round NCHC matchup in SF.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

:D
Still a week to go, but playing around with the YATC, with that logjam of NCHC teams on the bubble...it could for sure happen. 
Unless there's 5 NCHC teams in the tourney and they end up not caring about a first round NCHC matchup in SF.

Then let's just win the Frozen Faceoff. It's one of the boxes they want to check.

Last time Sioux Falls hosted a regional BB's squad was not good which is being generous and missed the NCAAs. Attendance was dreadful.  I could not even give my tickets away for a bag of range balls at Northern Links GC. UND wins Friday they'll be in Sioux Falls. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

Lets just win #9 and look back and laugh.

Like that plan. 
I’m already sick of Omaha and now we have to play them 1-2 more times this season with a lot more on the line. Let’s hope the boys come out with more fire than their last UNO series. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Like that plan. 
I’m already sick of Omaha and now we have to play them 1-2 more times this season with a lot more on the line. Let’s hope the boys come out with more fire than their last UNO series. 

You mean they won't lose the offensive zone on a 2 man advantage because the puck went under someone's skate again? :wink:

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Last time Sioux Falls hosted a regional BB's squad was not good which is being generous and missed the NCAAs. Attendance was dreadful.  I could not even give my tickets away for a bag of range balls at Northern Links GC. UND wins Friday they'll be in Sioux Falls. 

You’re right. UND missed the tourney twice when we would have been at home because we were host.  They need to take care of business this time and not give up another golden opportunity at playing at a regional that would benefit them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Like that plan. 

I think we will be ready and play well. 

5 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

What does CC need to happen to get in? 

They are cheering for:

-Omaha

-BU

-St. Lawrence 

-Michigan

St. Lawrence can lose, but BC has to lose as well then.  They are big time UNO fans.  Although they can be saved by Michigan, BU, and St. Lawrence if the Pios win. 

• Upvote 1