SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am watching playoff games from 1997. I watched Jason Blake when I was going to UND and now I am watching his son light the lamp. Where have all these years gone?

We’ll really be old when we’re watching Jacob Blake, Jackson’s son, lighting it up at UND in a few years. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am watching playoff games from 1997. I watched Jason Blake when I was going to UND and now I am watching his son light the lamp. Where have all these years gone?

Just wait.  I watched Alan Hangsleben and Jim Cahoon as a student in 1971.   Enjoying the pleasure of college hockey goes way, way beyond banner count. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Still bummed they came back to the flood that year. The Community & Program deserved better than that psycho mommy nature thing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

He has been an unsung hero this season, I really want him to get a goal 

You can tell he played with huge offensive talents like Hughes and Power, as he doesn’t shoot a lot himself.  Even at UND, he dishes more often than shoots.  

Edited by tnt

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Benoit , didn’t notice him which is perfect for a D man . 

I didn’t either. Not sure if I even heard his name called on the broadcast.

Would love to jump BU as we seem to have been much better this year when we’re able to match lines. And it’d be critical to match with Celebrini and Hutson as they change games. It’d be nice if the only team we have to worry about is BC, if we even have to play them in the title game potentially. 

11 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Would love to jump BU as we seem to have been much better this year when we’re able to match lines. And it’d be critical to match with Celebrini and Hutson as they change games. It’d be nice if the only team we have to worry about is BC, if we even have to play them in the title game potentially. 

This year, probably more so than past years, last change will be crucial.

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I've seen enough of Bemidji under Serratore to know they are built for upsets.

Yeah, they like to sit back and defend and then counterpunch when they get numbers.

• Upvote 1

If UND is a 1 seed and Denver a 2 seed, are they put in the same regional due to geography?  Or since Denver would fly to whatever regional they go to, the committee is at ease to put them wherever?

39 minutes ago, Dustin said:

If UND is a 1 seed and Denver a 2 seed, are they put in the same regional due to geography?  Or since Denver would fly to whatever regional they go to, the committee is at ease to put them wherever?

They tend to keep bracket integrity if they can, so they wouldn't necessarily put them with UND unless the layout of the brackets had them matched up naturally. (Example - UND is #4 & Denver is #5).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dustnyou said:

Nice little nugget from College Hockey Inc. today… If Jackson Blake registers a point this weekend, he will set an NCHC record for most conference points in a season. 

Yeah he’s currently tied with Boeser and Brink.