SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS playoffs week 1: UND @ Weber State

UND-FB-FAN

36 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The good news about having such a tough first round draw; if you get a win, you've got to be feeling pretty good about yourselves and building some confidence going into the next game.

The feeling good comes with the road W.
More roads wins will still be tough.
Go Hawks!

28 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Have to get the run going right out of the gate. If you can pound the rock on that first drive it will really help. I'd love to see Hoos take it up the middle for like 12 on the first play. Then start mixing in some of the misdirection plays to the outside. If it works, I would try to limit the passing in the first half. I'll have to do a little more research, but I'm curious how their run D is, and who they have faced that has a strong rush attack. 

I miss having d backs that play tight on receiver and knock down balls. Must be nice.

Kelly talks about this every week on the podcast.. Make our DB's play man to man coverage.. simplify their assignments.  Stop it with the soft zone.  Simplify the Defense.. so far our complex defensive schemes seem to be only confusing us :D.  Blown Coverages.. Unfilled gaps..

Speaking of the podcast.. hopefully we still get the podcast this week and another Day by Day from Midco.

3 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Kelly talks about this every week on the podcast.. Make our DB's play man to man coverage.. simplify their assignments.  Stop it with the soft zone.  Simplify the Defense.. so far our complex defensive schemes seem to be only confusing us :D.  Blown Coverages.. Unfilled gaps..

Speaking of the podcast.. hopefully we still get the podcast this week and another Day by Day from Midco.

agreed, i've been saying the same thing all year. We are not good enough to play zone, we allow way to much cushion on receivers. I think I'd rather play man coverage with the occasional blown big play, rather than the constant 10-15 yard passes, and missed gaps. Doesn't mean that would work either, but they don't even seem to try to adjust.

360 did tweet out that there will be a podcast this week.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

only two teams scare me..ndac and sdac.....we are gonna beat weber and msu the next two weeks....

we own/ed the big fluffy and still do

Montana State is built and plays like a MVFC team…. They ran it down Montana’s throat last weekend. I don’t think they had a pass until the second quarter 

We are the only team this year who can make the case the MVFC is still really strong.  The SU's are supposed to make it to the Semi's and/or win it, but if they lose early (which I don't think they will) that can only hurt the image of MVFC.  But we go on the road and beat Weber when the rest of the country thinks we are going to get run over out there, it will make a statement that the MVFC is still one of the best, if not the best conference.  If we get beat by 2 scores or more....not good.  Need to show up Saturday!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2