SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

Seriously, why are they polishing the turd.  Trash it and start over please.  It looks like one of the helmets you see in college/high school all-star games were players just slap logos all over the helmet.  And this is the helmet of the one player that was such a jerk to everyone he had no logos, so he ordered some rando logo of ebay and slapped it on his helmet.  

image.png.af6de0487e33378ab0dca9d3bd88aad5.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I think the helmets will look nice when we see them in action tomorrow.  I sure wish marketing would have posted a different photo or several photos.  Looks like someone just took a quick pic with iPhone and removed background. 

better background wasn't going to improve it.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Y’all will get used to it if they just win in it 

Is that all it takes for you to give up your beliefs and standards?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hopefully the players like it and it gives them a little extra juice. I think we’re mostly all on board with a silver helmet with the stripes as a nice start. Maybe a legible number on there with the stripe?  It’s tough to improve over the ND classic on there. 

It’s obvious we weren’t going to get classic uniforms this season, so this is okay. In the future, when classic jerseys and pants are obtained, then I think reverting back to the silver helmet and stripes with no logo is doable. Think Ohio State … no logo …

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It’s obvious we weren’t going to get classic uniforms this season, so this is okay. In the future, when classic jerseys and pants are obtained, then I think reverting back to the silver helmet and stripes with no logo is doable. Think Ohio State … no logo …

Please

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:
Unless I'm going crazy, UND started warmups with the new helmets with Fighting Hawks logo on the side. Went to the locker room and just came out with blank silver helmets.

So either they were falling off or they realized they looked like sh!t and took them off.

philly eagles called and said no no..........?

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:
Unless I'm going crazy, UND started warmups with the new helmets with Fighting Hawks logo on the side. Went to the locker room and just came out with blank silver helmets.

So either they were falling off or they realized they looked like sh!t and took them off.
I was going crazy apparently. You can see the decals at field level but from the press box you can't see them. I'll be curious how they come across on TV. 

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Crazy … can’t make this stuff up. 

image.thumb.png.3dc82cddf99c23988b07b05c89057ae3.png

image.thumb.png.94cd9b38cdf9c196f6a8a2d3dc179679.png

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jesus Christ*, Himself, could deliver a devine helmet and there would still be some dissatisfied. 

* He can hit a curve ball by the way

I think everyone was on board with the Gray / w/stripe / Interlocking ND and Gray / w/stripe.  I think they looked great.  And then the school started pushing the turd again.

5 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I think everyone was on board with the Gray / w/stripe / Interlocking ND and Gray / w/stripe.  I think they looked great.  And then the school started pushing the turd again.

The interlocking ND is not our logo.  It was brought back for a special occasion.