SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

29 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Bring back the old ND logo on the helmet.  Quit wearing black.  Its unbecoming in the year of our Lord, 2022.

I’d like an alternate helmet with NODAK on it.  Oh, wait, that idea belongs to the hockey team I guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

If Bubba puts this team in that same white Jersey/ black pant/ green helmet combo again he must be FIRED IMMEDIATELY!

how can a team be pumped up and inspired to be playing in that uni? No wonder why we lost 

time to reimagine our uniforms and that ugly hawk logo. No wonder why they don’t try to sell merchandise at the home games. 

we seriously look like an 80 year old dressed the team

• Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Even though we won in that uniform combo last week I really don’t want to see that combo again unless they have a black throwback jersey to match the helmet. 

Helmets were no doubt sharp but someone with some pull needs to make sure we get the jersey problem fixed including the numbers.

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Even though we won in that uniform combo last week I really don’t want to see that combo again unless they have a black throwback jersey to match the helmet. 

Helmets were no doubt sharp but someone with some pull needs to make sure we get the jersey problem fixed including the numbers.

(Non-cotton top here)

I actually didn't mind how they looked in person. Obviously not the best match and a throwback uniform to match the helmet would be most ideal, but I didn't think the helmet with the black jerseys was that bad. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

(Non-cotton top here)

I actually didn't mind how they looked in person. Obviously not the best match and a throwback uniform to match the helmet would be most ideal, but I didn't think the helmet with the black jerseys was that bad. 

Agreed.  I was hoping for the throwback green like the one Lennon was wearing.  But, the grey with the black looked pretty good.  I would love to see the grey helmet, black jersey, grey pants look.   Would also love to see them throw on the old green Hawks logo on the grey helmet.  

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Agreed.  I was hoping for the throwback green like the one Lennon was wearing.  But, the grey with the black looked pretty good.  I would love to see the grey helmet, black jersey, grey pants look.   Would also love to see them throw on the old green Hawks logo on the grey helmet.  

I know we all hated the grey pants green jersey combo they had for awhile. Did they completely just burn those grey pants? If they were still around seems like they could work with just a new jersey. Or even on the road wear grey pants, white jersey, silver helmet. 

• Upvote 1

Think packers/raiders - simple is better.

keep the silver helmets, they are awesome, and signify the und beatdown the first time they were worn

i would vote for clean throwback green (home) and clean white (road) jerseys with silver pants that have corresponding white/green striping to helmet. Would be spot on, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

I love the interlocking ND logo.  It is my favorite of any UND logo of any sport.  (I’d like to see the hockey jerseys get these on their shoulders again). Is using it every game against our “legacy” agreement when it comes to imagery, or could we do that?

• Upvote 1

Biggest Win in a long time with the Silver Helmets last weekend.  Need to Wear the Silver Helmets for every game for the rest of the year.  Lord knows the new quarter zip i bought on Friday for Saturdays game will be worn every Saturday until the end of Football Season.

As Far as the Jerseys?  All Green at Home and All White on the Road.  Not a fan of the Black Jerseys or Pants.  Really not a fan of the Grey/Silver, but I'm superstitious enough that they should wear them until the luck runs out.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Biggest Win in a long time with the Silver Helmets last weekend.  Need to Wear the Silver Helmets for every game for the rest of the year.  Lord knows the new quarter zip i bought on Friday for Saturdays game will be worn every Saturday until the end of Football Season.

As Far as the Jerseys?  All Green at Home and All White on the Road.  Not a fan of the Black Jerseys or Pants.  Really not a fan of the Grey/Silver, but I'm superstitious enough that they should wear them until the luck runs out.

If going to do green I'd rather do white pants with solid green jersey. Could wear either the grey or green helmet with that. Green pants and green top would be ok on occasion but I still like the white pants/green solid top. Seems like if we just got a new solid green jersey, and if we still had the grey pants from a few years ago we'd have a lot of good combinations. I am also totally ok with the black pants and top with either helmet, I do like seeing the black pants and jersey occasionally.