SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Keep it simple.  Ohio State has pulled off the grey helmet, grey pants for decades.  Switch red to green and you have a really sharp looking jersey.

ohio-state-ysu.webp

I would love this. We don’t need it to say anything on the chest either. Simple white green and black jerseys. A green and a silver helmet. Silver, black, and white pants options. Classic and clean.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Imagine the story we can all tell when someone asks "Hey, when did UND start wearing the grey helmets?"  And the answer will be "Yeah, that was in 2023 when UND destroyed NDSU and The Bison slipped into mediocracy and UND started winning MVFC and National Championships!! ;) and then got an invite to the MWC with the University of South Dakota!!!!!!

fixed

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I would love this. We don’t need it to say anything on the chest either. Simple white green and black jerseys. A green and a silver helmet. Silver, black, and white pants options. Classic and clean.

Spot on. Simple is best. Have pants that match the helmet. Bubba’s presser today confirmed need permission to use interlocking ND logo, so that likely won’t continue, but the silver helmet with silver pants featuring matching green and white stripes and then Kelly green home jerseys and white road jerseys would be an awesome start.  

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

I love the interlocking ND logo.  It is my favorite of any UND logo of any sport.  (I’d like to see the hockey jerseys get these on their shoulders again). Is using it every game against our “legacy” agreement when it comes to imagery, or could we do that?

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Who’s permission?

Dacotah Legacy Collection

The University of North Dakota is required by its 2007 settlement agreement with the NCAA to protect certain University trademarks. All manufacturers for the Dacotah Legacy Collection will be selected through Licensing Resource Group (LRG), UND's licensing partner. Licensees with specific experience designing “throwback” or “legacy” collection items will be given consideration by LRG.

source: https://fightinghawks.com/news/2013/8/20/209221876.aspx

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Agreed.  I was hoping for the throwback green like the one Lennon was wearing.  But, the grey with the black looked pretty good.  I would love to see the grey helmet, black jersey, grey pants look.   Would also love to see them throw on the old green Hawks logo on the grey helmet.  

bring back the green hawk logo

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Was UND required to retire the interlocking ND, or was it a decision by the university ?  I figured since it had no Native American imagery it would be allowed to stay. 

Pretty dumb if we included the interlocking ND logo , I figured permission came from notre dame

why not this ND on the gray helmet?

IMG_1442.jpeg