SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

Looking at some of other "Dakota School" friends, I notice that they have secondary helmet options.  SDSU is haveing a new one this week.  Other Valley schools as well.  Would be nice to see UND with a secondary helmet. I can't find the pic, but UND used to have a silver helmet with a stripe down the middle with a green ND on it.  Something like that that is like a throwback to a past helmet would be great.  

SDSU.jpg

NDSU.jpg

USD1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm no artist so I can only try to explain my concept:

• Green base helmet.
  • Just the white hawk with black shadowing on neck from the logo (no ND from behind it). 

Make the hawk cover 80-90% of the side of the helmet, beak starting at the "helmet corner" above the wearer's eye.
Most of the helmet would end up white, on a green base, because the logo is so big on the side.  

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm no artist so I can only try to explain my concept:

• Green base helmet.
  • Just the white hawk with black shadowing on neck from the logo (no ND from behind it). 

Make the hawk cover 80-90% of the side of the helmet, beak starting at the "helmet corner" above the wearer's eye.
Most of the helmet would end up white, on a green base, because the logo is so big on the side.  

I made a mockup in the nickname thread awhile back.  Was able to find it.  So, something like this (maybe a slighly bigger hawk like you said)?! :)

helmet.jpg

• Upvote 1

That's the concept but with the logo at least double in size from shown: 
- the "neck feathers" end up by the back collar of the helmet
- the beak moves a little more forward and down toward the mask. 
- the black shading ends up going below ear hole 

Cover more of the side of the helmet than the SDSU bunny does in the picture above. 

And I'm glad you have art skills. :) 

12 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Looking at some of other "Dakota School" friends, I notice that they have secondary helmet options.  SDSU is haveing a new one this week.  Other Valley schools as well.  Would be nice to see UND with a secondary helmet. I can't find the pic, but UND used to have a silver helmet with a stripe down the middle with a green ND on it.  Something like that that is like a throwback to a past helmet would be great.  

SDSU.jpg

NDSU.jpg

USD1.jpg

This is what we wore in late 70’s through mid 80’s. It did have a green stripe that isn’t shown here. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0d68afa9ddd44273f814f0380fdcb3b.jpeg

18 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's the concept but with the logo at least double in size from shown: 
- the "neck feathers" end up by the back collar of the helmet
- the beak moves a little more forward and down toward the mask. 
- the black shading ends up going below ear hole 

Cover more of the side of the helmet than the SDSU bunny does in the picture above. 

And I'm glad you have art skills. :) 

So....somethig like this, but keep the head on the helmet.

Presentation.webp

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

So....somethig like this.

NoooooOOOOOOOooooooo! 

Philly Eagles -- worst helmet in football (other than Michigan/Delaware). Next question.

I want the whole hawk head, beak, eye, and all, on the side of the helmet. Like I said, basically double in size what you'd had before. 

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

NoooooOOOOOOOooooooo! 

Philly Eagles -- worst helmet in football (other than Michigan/Delaware). Next question.

I want the whole hawk head, beak, eye, and all, on the side of the helmet. Like I said, basically double in size what you'd had before. 

I thought of this helmet reading your explanation:Boise State football continues march toward New Year's Six vs. Air Force

Except probably even more oversized logo in our case.

7 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I thought of this helmet reading your explanation:Boise State football continues march toward New Year's Six vs. Air Force

Except probably even more oversized logo in our case.

Even Boise has white and black alternative helmets to deviate from standard blue 

going with another version of a green helmet would be a waste in my opinion. Some people wouldn’t even notice. 

i think you go with all white or all black for a change up to the status quo - would pop out much much more