SiouxSports.com Forum

Potato Bowl 2022

shep

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Gotta figure something out at OLB and DB. Opposite CJ we have NOTHING. It’s bad. OLBs are hit and miss. Some sacks but also bad against the run. SDSU MSU and SIU will have a field day if it’s not fixed. 

I think we are 2-0 if Nelson and Roberson don’t transfer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Idk

for anyone to say someone or the offense or defense was terrible - idk

the other team has players who make plays too

we made mistakes. - they made mistakes 

we have things to improve and so do our opponents 

we will get better

the little I know  - we have to talent to get better.  Still early. Many don’t have the experience yet.  They will

great day for UND football 

I agree that both teams usually have play makers and make plays and can't always blame it on crappy play by a defender. 

That said the one side of our secondary is rough. Give me ANY of our DII corners since 1990 over there verses what we've got now. Hoping they will improve with more game action though, hard to overcome giving up so many big plays. 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I agree with Dosch and the UNDFB360 tweet: Best QB play we’ve seen in a while.

But the only real difference: they took the leash off Tommy and let him run, and even called his number a couple times. 

Insider info.....that's what happens when you expand the play book beyond 12 plays (from a game last season).

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree that both teams usually have play makers and make plays and can't always blame it on crappy play by a defender. 

That said the one side of our secondary is rough. Give me ANY of our DII corners since 1990 over there verses what we've got now. Hoping they will improve with more game action though, hard to overcome giving up so many big plays. 

On that bomb Hembry didn’t lay a finger on him. Let him run right by. Gotta get a piece of him.

Let's give some credit to the coaches and players, they found a way to win against what will likely be a pretty good MVFC team. We desperately needed a winning mindset going into the rest of the year. 

It was a definite difference maker with Tommy making plays with his legs today. There isn't anything I would have changed about when he run or decided to throw today. That 3rd and 5 QB keeper up the middle was great, one nice thing about him not running before is....they never expected it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

But the only real difference: they took the leash off Tommy and let him run, and even called his number a couple times. 

I don't know if "took the leash off" is the right term.

Coaches have been urging him to tuck and run more since he got to UND. 

Difference is as you pointed out, appears they have more designed runs for him now it seems.

Tommy still don't look that confident throwing past 15 yards. He's a "game manager."

• Upvote 1