SiouxSports.com Forum

Potato Bowl 2022

shep

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We miss that we loose the game

20 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

This didn't age well. Tommy showed us he has some stones the size of bowling balls.

???

do you think we win against uni if tommy runs for 1 f'n yard like he did against nebraska....either the coaches told him to run more or he just grew a set ...either way i've been saying that we need a qb that can run the ball and pickup some first downs and keep some drives alive..

• Upvote 1

Just now, shep said:

As you were saying ...

if your going up against a qb that gets 1 yard rushing your game plan for him is pretty easy....

and i wonder how long people have been watching football or und football in general but some of these throws tommy makes are not hard yet people are annointing him god by hitting bo in stride on his td pass..........bowencamp, manke, kelby, klancher all would've hit him in stride too and they were all d2 qb's back in the day...it was expected to hit those shots....tommy was 1-2 or those deep throws with the other being an int.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

???

do you think we win against uni if tommy runs for 1 f'n yard like he did against nebraska....either the coaches told him to run more or he just grew a set ...either way i've been saying that we need a qb that can run the ball and pickup some first downs and keep some drives alive..

Tommy running the ball was the difference in the game.  If we have the usual 3 rushes for 1 yard( 2 TFL's), today we are wondering where we go from here, instead of planning the next win.

• Like 2

I think much of our success has been because of the play calling.  Most of our plays are long handoffs (lateral passes) or quick timing throws.  If we had better line play we would have two or three more explosive plays.  NOTE:  Not complaining.  UND has been up against a couple of good defense lines.  But, the next step is more time for plays to develop downfield.

• Upvote 2