SiouxSports.com Forum

Potato Bowl 2022

shep

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

39 yards and put in a place where only Belquist could get.  That was a money throw.

He made a few money throws especially on 3rd down. He was tossing balls that when they left his hand, I wondered where it was going and then a receiver would come into play and make the catch. 

He was a great QB today.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

yeah, I’d go more with good day

Today showed UND’s future opponents that UND has major defensive issues that need to be corrected  

I don’t think many other college QBs we face the rest of the year during the regular season can make the throws that guy for UNI made today.  Huge arm and was pretty accurate.  That will help some.  We also will likely play one other o line as physical as today.  Certainly won’t see a combination of the two.  

my thought on today is this win will look really good as the year plays out.  If UNI stays healthy they are a good football team.    They may not get their first win until two weeks from now but could win out the rest of the way

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t think many other college QBs we face the rest of the year during the regular season can make the throws that guy for UNI made today.  Huge arm and was pretty accurate.  That will help some.  We also will likely play one other o line as physical as today.  Certainly won’t see a combination of the two.  

my thought on today is this win will look really good as the year plays out.  If UNI stays healthy they are a good football team.    They may not get their first win until two weeks from now but could win out the rest of the way

Nebraska gashed UND on the ground and UNI also scored on a couple long runs. Tough to watch. 

UND needs to shore that up. 

Corner spot opposite of Siegel is a major concern also. 

UND still plays SDSU and NDSU … UND will be playing plenty of good players yet. Raise expectations. This win won’t mean anything if team doesn’t continue to improve. 

missed a lot of the second half...just watched it....

man.....so tommy's feet from SHSU showed up in the second half....if danny uses some of those plays last week do we actually win the game ( i see jay hill figured out USU unlike us)

the didn't know that we ran out the final 6 plus ..holy crap is that impressive.

coach h better figure out cb2 or we aint gonna win too many games bc uni isn't that good of a team...we have much better teams coming up

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nebraska gashed UND on the ground and UNI also scored on a couple long runs. Tough to watch. 

UND needs to shore that up. 

Corner spot opposite of Siegel is a major concern also. 

UND still plays SDSU and NDSU … UND will be playing plenty of good players yet. Raise expectations. This win won’t mean anything if team doesn’t continue to improve. 

Me raise expectations??

38 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nebraska is no good 

uni is no good

UND is no good

everyone else is better 

our qb sucks 

our db suck

our kickers suck

our defense sucks 

…….

anyone who doesn’t see these obvious facts are settling and they suck 

we might not win or lose another game all year

havent heard any if this before

I don’t care.  -  today we won and I look forward to the next game where I will be told the team we play sucks as much as we do 

Agree and uni will be 18 in polls anew for the records we will be 29

dom. Cack sacker izzo even said so

Well better late than never! Spent my day at kids sports and got to watch the game this evening. I generally hate watching games after the fact, as I am wondering if I am wasting my time .... only to be disappointed. Well this was a fun game. Ups and downs. Times where I thought, Here we go!!!! and here ... we ... go ... again...

Not a perfect game, but what a job to get it done! Timely plays on D (big sacks) and a few really nice throws by Tommy. The TD pass to Belquist was a thing of beauty.

On to next week. We should jump in the rankings, and UNI will definitely jump in the rankings with that loss!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Your QB hate is exhausting. Tommy is not a perfect QB, but he doesn't "suck" by a long shot either. He may not dazzle, but he certainly makes plays and limits errors. Show me the FCS quarterback that plays a flawless game week in and week out.

I wrote that, and then retracted it right away, he doesn’t suck.   It was a dumb comment on my part.

I don’t hate Tommy.  I am exhausted of being a distant bridesmaid to NDSU.  It’s largely a QB driven game today, and we haven’t gotten it done over a stretch of more than 4 games for 6 years?  Obviously, the reasons for UND football frustrations go beyond QB play, but QB play is generally the centerpiece to long term success or failure of a team.

Yesterday, quite frankly, Tommy played great and he did the things he has needed to do, for UND to be a real contender, throw it deep and run the football.  He did both vs UNI and his feet and running were the difference in the game.

Keep the w’s coming, I will be happy eating crow.

Its time.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, homer said:

Me raise expectations??

Nebraska is a fraud. UND losing by 21 points is actually looking very disappointing now. Furthermore, we are seeing concerning themes on defense; that is, UND gives up big plays on the ground and through the air. 

Need to see some improvement. 

In the short term, fortunately, it doesn’t look like Northern Arizona has a great offense this year, but will UND make them look good??

Let’s see if Bubba and Holinka and the team can bolster the defense by 9/17…

8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The SIU game is looking much more winnable as well.  They could be 3-1 rolling into Missouri State week.

Could be …

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

Would like to see this squad be able to win a single road game before claiming them the next great thing.

NAU game is definitely winnable but it is a road game at high elevation … NAU just beat Sam Houston State in Huntsville. UND will need to improve and not be stagnant. Have to prevent the big play better.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Any chance you can give us 24 hours to be happy about a win before feeling the need to !@#$ on the team?

Nope. I come from a coaching background. Always things to improve. Get your hand stuck/caught in the cookie jar and you won’t get any more wins …

Being a UND football fan, you should be more than familiar with this concept. It’s been rough to UND football since going DI, particularly trying to stay consistent.

14 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

What a game by the whole team! Tommy was awesome!

Congrats Tommy, absolutely a great game.  Off the MVC game write up.  You can win a lot of games with stats like this.  

"Tommy Schuster went 20-for-23 through the air for 275 yards and two touchdowns, while also rushing seven times for 30 yards in the win. Schuster's two points on a successful two-point conversion early in the fourth quarter ended up being the difference."

"UND took over with 6:51 remaining in the game and picked up four first downs to hold on for the victory. The Panthers had a shot to get the ball back late in the game, but Schuster connected with Zavalney for a 24-yard completion to bring up the final first down of the game."

• Upvote 3