SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bo Pelini did fine, but he was a hot head and the boosters fired him without thinking it through. It’s been downhill since Pelini. 

As for UND-Nebraska, UND has a chance if they play well. On the other hand, it will be a must win for Scott Frost and I don’t have faith that Bubba can prepare his team to perform well in front of 90,000 fans… I suspect the team to be awestruck and play sloppy. 

Thanks Debbie!

what FBS game has Bubba not had the team prepared for? Seems like most of the latest games have all been within reach after the first half. They have not been awestruck and sloppy in previous games. Not sure what has climbed into your panties!!!!

50 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Thanks Debbie!

what FBS game has Bubba not had the team prepared for? Seems like most of the latest games have all been within reach after the first half. They have not been awestruck and sloppy in previous games. Not sure what has climbed into your panties!!!!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/a-look-at-und-footballs-history-in-fbs-matchups

2021 Utah State 2nd half implosion for both offense and defense.

2018 Washington game was embarrassing. Punting from opponents 40 yard line …

2017 Utah game wasn’t too bad, but again, wasn’t a win. 

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/a-look-at-und-footballs-history-in-fbs-matchups

Doesn’t mean they were not prepared going into those games. All were games we should have lost. We kept them close in the first half. Not going to win many of those games in the first place. Not sure how you can call our players awestruck and sloppy.

great analysis Debbie 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

bowling green....no problem going for the 2 and the win but it was who they chose to throw it to...iirc is was someone that we didn't even expect i think.

I wish it wasn't true, but UND could be in for a long game next week. Nebraska is going to respond in a big way to this loss. I see a fumble or interception on UND's first poccession and a Nebraska touchdown. UND will impress me if we can stay  in the game even a little. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Hypothetically we win. Scott Frost is fired right?

Yes......before he even comes out of  post game presser.

After yesterday Frost will run up the score if it goes Nebraska's way.

2 hours ago, 108498 said:

I wish it wasn't true, but UND could be in for a long game next week. Nebraska is going to respond in a big way to this loss. I see a fumble or interception on UND's first poccession and a Nebraska touchdown. UND will impress me if we can stay  in the game even a little. 

Such high expectations for UND football …

Disgusting. 

Yes, I was hoping for a fat and happy Nebraska next week. Nope. Not getting that. 

Alternative view: Might that loss get into their heads —> This “stuff” again? The announcers loved the 10-0 under Frost when scoring 35 or more. Now they’re like 5-30 when not scoring 35. Find a way to keep them off the board for a while (even a quarter) and doubt might start to creep into their minds. That requires a long sustained opening drive by UND. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bad football coaching.

Only when it doesn’t work. Poorly executed kick, one guy on receiving team was paying attention and covered the kick before kicking team could touch it. If it works, Nebraska maintains momentum and maybe can score to make it very difficult for Northwestern to get back in game. Not sure why they called it but it wasn’t expected. Nebraska coach maybe saw something or knew something about the game I didn’t. Easy to say it’s poor coaching,  but if it works, then it’s a genius move.  Not a bad time to try it when you have a 2 score lead. I probably would not have considered it but every failure isn’t poor coaching. Not a bad idea and if kicker executes the kick better or kicking team gets downfield and blocks the Northwestern guys ability to get to the ball, I think there is a good chance it works. 

• Upvote 2