SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

11 hours ago, Irish said:

However the execution of said play is partially coaching - hell, mainly coaching.  Well coached teams execute.  

I agree execution of plays are influenced primarily by coaching, practice, film study, and game prep. That can all be done properly and the play may break down or it may not work. A Rogers, T Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Montana, Unitas, Star all made mistakes. Lombardi’s players, Saban’s players and every other great coach have had players or teams who didn’t execute. It seems some forget that there are 11 guys and on some plays it only takes one person to fail to execute for the play to fail. It seems some forget that there are also 11 guys on the opposite side of the ball who are also coached to execute each play perfectly. We have very little idea of why the coach called this particular play and criticism of the call is fair. Coaches will ultimately be held responsible for the end results. Wins, championships, success in the classroom, problems off the field etc. Although I don’t know the background of many who post on this site, I wonders how many have spent hours and hours breaking down game film, practice film, recruit’s videos, fighting for budgets, dealing with fans, public appearances  etc while at the same time trying to take care of their families.  I’m pretty sure the Nebraska staff has critiqued this play over and over again both the execution and the decision. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The onside kick was on a portion of the risk-reward curve that didn't seem necessary to visit at the time. They had an eleven point lead and momentum. What caused Frost to go to that part of the curve only he knows. 

Frost made the call; Frost owns the call. 

And I still wish Nebraska had won. ???

• Like 1

Had that play worked for Nebraska and they got the ball they win the game.  They threw two interceptions in the 4th quarter, and nobody will remember those with Frost playing center stage.

Pros:  Get the ball and you've got a tired NW defense going back on the field.

Cons:  Give them a short field with them likely getting a score to make it a one score game.  

I liked the call.  Sometimes they don't work, unfortunately not a lot right going for Nebraska the last few years. 

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Very similar to Bubba's 4th and 2 fake punt call vs NDSU.  Risk-Reward. 

That call was not a good call in the first place and was made worse by the confusion on UND’s part. Along with the timeout which alerted virtually everyone in the arena to suspect what was coming it obviously fooled no one. Frost’s call was unexpected and had a better chance of success compared to our fiasco. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/27/2022 at 9:04 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think we had 3 guys 6'4" or so that would've been a better choice...i think stetson just straight up dropped it?

Saw the highlight film recently and it was just off his fingertips; looked like the QB lead him just a little too much.

6 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Frost’s call was unexpected and had a better chance of success compared to our fiasco. 

NW11 (Clair), the guy who recovered, is a smallish guy to be out there on standard KO return team. Did NW'n see a "tell" and was ready? 

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=34471333 

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to an EXCITING weekend!

Ever since I was a kid living on the base, then on 17th ave s., I have always hoped for this game. My grandparents lived here in Omaha, and were lifelong Nebraska fans, me on the other hand, I was a diehard Sioux Hockey fan who always dreamed of them playing against one another in football. Now it has come true!!!

Many of you may know me better by the UND Hockey pump-up videos I have posted here (Bleacher Creature Films)  and on All Things Fighting Sioux, and probably know I am a UND Fan, but, sorry I will be mainly supporting Nebraska this weekend, but will still cheer for the Green when they score as well! On a side note, we gave my 10yo the choice to cheer for what ever team he wanted, and he chose the Sioux!!

Anyway, to all the fans traveling south to Lincoln this weekend, here is to safe travels, and Sioux, Yah, Yah!!! Also, if you happen to see me around feel free to say Hi! Below is how I will be dressed. (We are planning on stopping by the embassy hotel between 9-11 on Saturday as well.)

On a side note, only 68 days until the Sioux come crush Omaha in NCHC Hockey!!

image.jpeg.4a6a75745d00e66a9554ad745b96efce.jpeg

• Upvote 2