SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

That call was not a good call in the first place and was made worse by the confusion on UND’s part. Along with the timeout which alerted virtually everyone in the arena to suspect what was coming it obviously fooled no one. Frost’s call was unexpected and had a better chance of success compared to our fiasco. 

Not too metnion we would have still had to drive 80 yards.

• Upvote 2

A few things that caught my eye.

• How young this team is offensively.
    • 5 Seniors on total on the Depth Chart (2 Starters)
    • 6 Upperclassman to 5 Lowerclassman starting
    • 13 Lowerclassman listed to 11 Upperclassman
  • No Buckner at Safety
  • No Bishop at CB

I like the Depth Chart, Tom Miller in his mailbag column today said that this roster might be missing some star power, but it's as deep as he can remember. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

So implied score of about 36-13? Where’d you find this line at?

I'd be taking the over on that.  NE scored 28 points midway through the 3rd quarter last week, at home and pissed off.....odds are they are going to score more than 36.  Although I do think there is a possibility our D can hold them to around mid 30's if the offense can burn clock and we get a couple of turnovers.  I think we can score more than 13 on offense too.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I'd be taking the over on that.  NE scored 28 points midway through the 3rd quarter last week, at home and pissed off.....odds are they are going to score more than 36.  Although I do think there is a possibility our D can hold them to around mid 30's if the offense can burn clock and we get a couple of turnovers.  I think we can score more than 13 on offense too.  

Yep, I'm definitely taking the over.

21 minutes ago, Zypher said:

There is talk of the game on many of the Nebraska fan groups, sadly tho, many are uneducated when it comes to UND and NDSU. A good amount of them think its NDSU coming here.

The entire country is pretty uneducated about FCS football in general, as was I.....until we became FCS.   I lived in western ND growing up, I remember in my 20's I worked with a guy from Montana and talked about how good Montana (Griz) was at football.  They were pretty much a power house program back in the late 90's, but I knew nothing about them and I've always been a big college football fan.  And even after he said that....I didn't know the difference between the Cat and the Griz and which was which....nor did I care.  NDSU is literally the only FCS school anybody else other than FCS school's fans know about, and they only know about them because of a crazy run of Championships.  I now love the FCS and some really good football is played, but if you think the common Nebraska fan gives a s**t or really knows which North Dakota team is which.....you are dreaming.  I'm sure as this week moves along they will find out it's not NDSU they are playing, and I'm sure they will feel a lot better about their chance of winning this week, which is good....I hope their team feels that way too so they under estimate us.