SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is there a link to this anouncement?  Not seeing anything official

It was in an email I got from Val yesterday. I had asked her a couple weeks ago. Val told me it would be ok to post here. I don’t know if/when the official announcement has gone out.

• Upvote 1

Will this UND team go into the game as an opportunity to make a huge statement or as an opportunity to play against a Big 10 team in one of the best stadiums in all of football? You could state both things could be true, but not really, it is one or the other. Mindset is going to be huge for this game.

I am pretty sure how this is going to go given the track record the past 8 years, but I am open to being surprised ...

UND Football Alumni & Friends Gathering info

Friday, September 2
7- 9 p.m.
Gate 25 Bar & Restaurant
300 Canopy St #140, Lincoln, NE 68508

• Complimentary apps will be served. Cash bar available.
  • Small indoor space has been secured for UND fans with overflow outside for majority of our guests to gather.
  • Extra food will not be available for purchase unless you are seated within restaurant due to staffing. 
  • Upvote 2

I have been a UND fan all my life. My family attend several years at the outdoor stadium. Let's be honest. Just playing against Nebraska is cool in itself. Regardless of the outcome. I thought it was huge beating WYO a few years back. Playing Neb. I never dreamed of it. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Goon said:

I agree with you. This matchup does nothing for me. 

It may not mean much for you but it is huge for UND football. We are continuing to expand our recruiting efforts farther south in the Midwest each year. The exposure for prospects in NE, KS, MO, western IA and throughout the country is invaluable - especially if we give them a good game!
Hopefully, the game will get the team in the right frame of mind for UNI and the rest of the season.

Lastly, the guarantee pays a lot of bills!

33 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Totally agree with you. Awesome coolness. So much history and tradition. Totally looking forward to the experience. 

Agree with all of this.  That said, I sure hope the team is going into the game with the mindset of looking for a win.  

20 hours ago, UND Fan said:

It may not mean much for you but it is huge for UND football. We are continuing to expand our recruiting efforts farther south in the Midwest each year. The exposure for prospects in NE, KS, MO, western IA and throughout the country is invaluable - especially if we give them a good game!
Hopefully, the game will get the team in the right frame of mind for UNI and the rest of the season.

Lastly, the guarantee pays a lot of bills!

I enjoy Nebraska football, been to several games, but from UND’s perspective, don’t schedule/play the game unless you think you can win. That’s all. 

Last year Fordham played and got blown out at Memorial Stadium; do you think Fordham is going to be rising to new heights now? Nope. Is Fordham a household name now? Nope. so don’t spread this “it’s huge for UND football” propaganda. It’s an opportunity for a payout but the main goal should be to win a football game. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I enjoy Nebraska football, been to several games, but from UND’s perspective, don’t schedule/play the game unless you think you can win. That’s all. 

Last year Fordham played and got blown out at Memorial Stadium; do you think Fordham is going to be rising to new heights now? Nope. Is Fordham a household name now? Nope. so don’t spread this “it’s huge for UND football” propaganda. It’s an opportunity for a payout but the main goal should be to win a football game. 

true...after those first couple of drives again USU last year i thought maybe we can go and beat lowr level fbs schools....the rest of the game said otherwise 

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’m just glad we can finally get some big ten games. I was told we had to drop the Sioux name so that we could schedule these games. Only took a decade………

24 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Can you drink at Nebraska games? Thought I saw that they just allowed it but not sure if it was immediate or not. 

University of Nebraska Regents unanimously voted to lift the 23-year-old ban on booze at Husker home games. But it may still take some time before the beer flows at NU football games in Memorial Stadium. "This is very much a crawl, walk and we're talking years," NU President Ted Carter Jr. said.

https://www.ketv.com/amp/article/lincoln-nebraska-regents-lift-ban-booze-h-husker-home-events-sports-memorial-stadium-football-booze-liquior-beer/39050485

No alcohol allowed previous to this season, and I haven’t heard if alcohol will be actually available via concessions in Memorial Stadium in 2022. UND-Nebraska game is first football game in Memorial Stadium since ban was lifted, so not sure anyone knows other than those close to UNL athletic department. I would plan for there to not be alcohol available for sale and surprised if it is.