SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah… I prefer actual wins, not just the moral [victory] kind …

But I also get what you’re saying. I think Bubba is in over his head with this one (on par with other big games). Just what the doctor ordered for Big Red and Scotty Frost

Debbie being Debbie again…… not sure which P5 game we should have been expected to win? Let alone any FBS game….. 

I think you are in over your head!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Debbie being Debbie again…… not sure which P5 game we should have been expected to win? Let alone any FBS game….. 

I think you are in over your head!

You’re the Debbie. Look in the mirror. No one will give a rat’s ass if UND is “close” other than a few on this board who carry a hockey stick around with them everywhere. 

Play to win the game. Only thing that counts. South Dakota State, UNI, Illinois State, NDSU, Montana, South Dakota, etc. just to name a few regional schools that have pulled out “mighty P5” victories …

Move on. Your vendetta is getting old. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tom Miller mentioned possible 3 freshman/Red shirt Freshman start on the OL.  Carroll at center, Hagen RT and Peyton at guard.  Bryant was expected to start but has injury and didn't make the trip.  Tough match up for these guys.  Tough to open holes for RB's.  I expect more passing in the flat.  Need to keep Tommy upright.

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Tom Miller mentioned possible 3 freshman/Red shirt Freshman start on the OL.  Carroll at center, Hagen RT and Peyton at guard.  Bryant was expected to start but has injury and didn't make the trip.  Tough match up for these guys.  Tough to open holes for RB's.  I expect more passing in the flat.  Need to keep Tommy upright.

or more q?

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the qb is gonna be running for his life might as well have the most mobile one and maybe we actually get to see what quincy brings to the table?

Yeah, gonna be a real tough matchup. UND offensive line is going to have their hands full. Unless Quincy can throw better this year, I actually think you need to stick with the better passer, likely Schuster. 

Nebraska has some really good defensive linemen, like Ty Robinson (https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/ty-robinson/43862) and big boy South Dakotan Nash “Polar Bear”Hutmacher (https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/nash-hutmacher/43812) in the interior.

You very well may see a lot of #99 and #72 in red ruining UND’s offensive plays. 

on the bright side, hopefully UND’s defensive line - with a lot of depth - can stop Nebraska’s run game. Will be critical. If Nebraska can run at will, definitely will be blowout. 

10 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Hopefully the team handles the noise better than SDSU is right now at Iowa. 2 false starts before they even ran their 1st play.

South Dakota State is doing just fine … defense held Iowa on a short field after poor punt.

Top FCS program that is prepared to play in big games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re the Debbie. Look in the mirror. No one will give a rat’s ass if UND is “close” other than a few on this board who carry a hockey stick around with them everywhere. 

Play to win the game.

This is funny, because you flat out stated the other day you don't think Bubba will have the team ready to play and you said you thought we would lose.  So which is it, do you think we are going to win, or do you think we are going to lose?  I don't think anybody on the team is going down there just for the experience, they sure as heck better be in the mindset to win.  I'm hoping we play a perfect game and get some breaks and pull off an upset. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This is funny, because you flat out stated the other day you don't think Bubba will have the team ready to play and you said you thought we would lose.  So which is it, do you think we are going to win, or do you think we are going to lose?  I don't think anybody on the team is going down there just for the experience, they sure as heck better be in the mindset to win.  I'm hoping we play a perfect game and get some breaks and pull off an upset. 

I’m sandbagging this one and proud of it.

My heart wants UND to pull the upset. There’s a chance with turnovers and penalties if UND is prepared.

My head definitely says Bubba is using this as a field trip for fun, the team will be overwhelmed, and I already predicted a score of Nebraska 38-14. Hope I’m wrong.