SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

Just now, brianvf said:

They’re just mad that they missed the NCAAs yet again and half their team has already bolted. 

They really like the new logo that's what I get from them. There are times I'd want to say something to them, but I just feel sorry for them and how they just act like "Jan" all the time. Maybe the Red Cows/Blais curse will go away, and they can be relevant at something.

7 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

2016: 34-6-4 National Champs

2017: 21-16-3  Lost to BU first round

2018: 17-13-10 Missed the tourney 

2019: 18-17-2  Missed the tourney

2020: 26-5-4  Covid

2021:  22-6-1  Lost to UMD in regional title

2022:  24-14-1  Lost to ND first round

Since the NC$$ title six years ago UND has won one tournament game beating the mighty AIC last year. Let that sink in a bit, ONE win in six years. Don’t know about anyone else but I expect a little more.  Conference titles are nice but lose a little significance for me when we can’t even get out of a regional. 

But @N of GF says we need to be quiet about it. :silly:

29 minutes ago, SKondrashkin said:

With the talent on those Blake-led late 90s teams, 1 title was a disapointment.    

Wow those were some high standards back then.

Guy was only here for three years and was expected to win it all at least two, if not all three years!

• Like 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

Any reason you asked me who I cheer for? Or are we at the part of the night where unless you think a certain way, then you're not a "real fan"?

With many of your posts, you rip on UND fans or the fan base as a whole. 
And you seem to love seeing UND getting called for 5min majors. ;)

No worries then. :)

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Funny Denver is struggling with Lowell and the only NCHC team that has done !@#$ so far is the one that doesn't care about the regular season 

Denver is at least fun to watch. I would be blown away if they lose. They’re PP is super fun to watch. Lowell better stay out of the box in the third 

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wow those were some high standards back then.

Guy was only here for three years and was expected to win it all at least two, if not all three years!

luckily blais had that world class weight room in the old rea to lure jason back from ferris.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We overachieved 

it would have been MUCH worse losing in regulation with .0000001 seconds left

I agree. I told my wife that-as disappointing as it was to lose in OT, it would’ve stung much worse had it ended in regulation. That said, it still hurts and stings to see their season come to an end. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I agree. I told my wife that-as disappointing as it was to lose in OT, it would’ve stung much worse had it ended in regulation. That said, it still hurts and stings to see their season come to an end. 

Especially when we were on the PP

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

what the heck does it matter if we lost with .01 left or wet the bed in the first 90 seconds of ot?

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Just the opposite for me.  The second year in a row where they felt the pain of losing then were given a second chance to make sure they wouldn’t feel that again. We say how lucky Duluth is to win in overtime time and again, and we can’t even do it with second chances.  Losing in overtime doesn’t seem like much consolation when your rival has lost only once in about ten or so NCAA playoff games. Duluth has got a swagger to them, and we don’t right now.  Seems to follow their coaches personality.  With the upperclassmen losses in our league, next year needs to have a better outcome.

22 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

2016: 34-6-4 National Champs

2017: 21-16-3  Lost to BU first round

2018: 17-13-10 Missed the tourney 

2019: 18-17-2  Missed the tourney

2020: 26-5-4  Covid

2021:  22-6-1  Lost to UMD in regional title

2022:  24-14-1  Lost to ND first round

Since the NC$$ title six years ago UND has won one tournament game beating the mighty AIC last year. Let that sink in a bit, ONE win in six years. Don’t know about anyone else but I expect a little more.  Conference titles are nice but lose a little significance for me when we can’t even get out of a regional. 

In 12 years under Hakstol UND won zero NC$$ championships.  They made the NC$$ tourney all 12 years and the Frozen Four eight times and only lost the opening regional game twice (went 18-4 in regionals, 1-7 in Frozen Fours).  If you had to chose, would you rather have Berry’s tournament record or Haks ? Berry is 3-3 in regionals, 2-0 in frozen fours with one frozen four appearance in six years (Covid year a non counter) and made the tourney in 4 of 6 years.

For me I think I would take Hakstol’s.  The seasons were more fun when they would get to the frozen four so often.  Not making the tourney or losing the first game is a real downer.  Granted, losing in the frozen four was no fun either but it was a lot of fun winning the regionals so often…the season lasted a lot longer.  Under Berry there was only one fun post season, and some years no post season. Not sure one title makes up enough for all the other quick exits. 

5 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

In 12 years under Hakstol UND won zero NC$$ championships.  They made the NC$$ tourney all 12 years and the Frozen Four eight times and only lost the opening regional game twice (went 18-4 in regionals, 1-7 in Frozen Fours).  If you had to chose, would you rather have Berry’s tournament record or Haks ? Berry is 3-3 in regionals, 2-0 in frozen fours with one frozen four appearance in six years (Covid year a non counter) and made the tourney in 4 of 6 years.

For me I think I would take Hakstol’s.  The seasons were more fun when they would get to the frozen four so often.  Not making the tourney or losing the first game is a real downer.  Granted, losing in the frozen four was no fun either but it was a lot of fun winning the regionals so often…the season lasted a lot longer.  Under Berry there was only one fun post season, and some years no post season. Not sure one title makes up enough for all the other quick exits. 

False choice.

• Like 1