SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Didn’t really expect this team to do much this year but how they lose games is ridiculous. Also, not being able to recruit actual skill with our resources is also ridiculous.

Completely agree. This just was not a typical Sioux team talent and skill wise especially down Sanderson. The lack of team speed and playmaking in this forward group was a problem many of us saw very early in the season and it reared its head these last couple weeks big time. Honestly I just wanted this group to make the tournament and hoped for a little puck luck so that run they went on to win a NCHC Championship was pretty cool but my expectations never got too high. Usually I find a way to pick UND in the bracket but I couldn't do it this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At least we are use to this program crumbling in big games that matter. Worst part is that this team had its chances. Missed penalty shot and a PP to close out the 3rd period. Senden’s turnover to ND also cost us.

As much as I like trolling @gfhockey for being a Sandelin cheerleader, it is infuriating to see UMD’s continual success in the post season while more often than not UND fails to rise to the occasion.

Granted, I’m more upset about UND’s 5OT loss last season vs this one but point still stands.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Too many mistakes by too many guys and too many no shows by too many guys.

Efff right?  Senden with a terrible turnover.  Where was Judd?  Calder?  Gaber??

Driscoll was fantastic.  Feel bad for him after a good performance. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Once again this team disappoints.  Was not expecting them to go all the way but this team had no soul.  We were winning off of D-men scoring. hate to admit it but I am actually relieved it's over.  Traveled several times with this team this year and just when you started to believe they would kick you in the groin. I think there is more potential for next year.  Our young players get bigger stronger,  11,13,20 line was a very nice unexpected surprise.  FOREVER GREEN!!!!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Team was average all year.

Went on like a month long run where they overachieved and played the exact style this group had to to be successful but this was a very average squad for UND's standards and imo a below average squad for what we expect talent wise.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Completely agree. This just was not a typical Sioux team talent and skill wise especially down Sanderson. The lack of team speed and playmaking in this forward group was a problem many of us saw very early in the season and it reared its head these last couple weeks big time. Honestly I just wanted this group to make the tournament and hoped for a little puck luck so that run they went on to win a NCHC Championship was pretty cool but my expectations never got too high. Usually I find a way to pick UND in the bracket but I couldn't do it this year. 

Yep, this team could lose to anyone really. A real long look should be had with recruiting. That lack of skill is pretty concerning. Some nice kids coming in but still iffy. 

• Upvote 2

I think we need to shake things up with the coaching staff a bit. Perhaps Karl G should go back to goalie coach and maybe try get Herter from Western Michigan to come in. The PP is just horrible and maybe clicked for a couple games but never seemed to get better. I don’t know what to say about recruiting. I know this year was a weird one with all the turnover but the jury is still out on Berry bringing in the talent this program deserves and needs. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

At least we are use to this program crumbling in big games that matter. Worst part is that this team had its chances. Missed penalty shot and a PP to close out the 3rd period. Senden’s turnover to ND also cost us.

As much as I like trolling @gfhockey for being a Sandelin cheerleader, it is infuriating to see UMD’s continual success in the post season while more often than not UND fails to rise to the occasion.

Granted, I’m more upset about UND’s 5OT loss last season vs this one but point still stands.

I will NEVER get used to crumbling in big games. We are a blue blood in this sport and it is high time we start recruiting and playing like it!!!!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Judd is a bust. Senden will be forgotten, and Gaber has shown his true colors. We need a hero, and quickly.

Judd is streaky, Senden is just not a top 6 and Gaber sometimes tries to do too much. But I wouldn’t say that about them.