SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, N of GF said:

But you, and many others, are constantly declaring things "unacceptable." Why would you keep following a team that does so many unacceptable things? You can cheer for any team in the country you want. Find one that does everything to your expectations. 

So I should just accept what happens and keep my mouth shut? The opposite of love is NOT hate, it is apathy. If people are pissed about a bad playoff loss, that means they are vested in and care about the program. That is how I express my love for all things UND.

Just now, SKondrashkin said:

You must have not been around back then.  With the talent on those Blake-led late 90s teams, 1 title was a disapointment.    

Yeah,  but then they reloaded in 2000 and won another one.

Well, that sucked. About three months ago, we all thought the season would have an even worse end than it did. I was entertained, which is why I'm here.

Now for some good news: Tim said in the post-game, "Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be back for year 44 next season."

I'll take that as a small victory for tonight.

Cheers North Dakota fans.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SKondrashkin said:

You must have not been around back then.  With the talent on those Blake-led late 90s teams, 1 title was a disapointment.    

i was....and yeah they were stacked but like a said.....for every class to come in a goal should to be win a natty in your 4 years (or jason's 3)

Just now, N of GF said:

Well, that sucked. About three months ago, we all thought the season would have an even worse end than it did. I was entertained, which is why I'm here.

Now for some good news: Tim said in the post-game, "Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be back for year 44 next season."

Good to know!

1 minute ago, N of GF said:

he also said he was going crack a few bud lights too so take it with a grain of salt.....one word tim........................uber

9 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Realistically this was a building year. With the transfer portal and extra eligibility it was possible to cobble together a plausible team that honestly went deeper than I thought. We do, however need some good recruiting. We desperately need some hot stick scorers.

Yes you are correct that this was a rebuilding year on top of Sanderson being injured for most of season.  I have said this before about my take on this season but here goes again.  We went through this season what most teams will go through the next two seasons with the extra covid year.  Look at teams that had several super seniors and didn't bring in a bus load of new guys like we did this year.  Losing in the first round sucks but I feel we felt the extra covid year a year earlier than most teams and we didn't fare great but we fared ok considering.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and it was against the ncaa powerhouse   ...........RIT Yellow Jackets.....or was it ....MIT Blue Jacekts....either way it was an impressive win for bubs....

I take it you’re not a fan.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i was....and yeah they were stacked but like a said.....for every class to come in a goal should to be win a natty in your 4 years (or jason's 3)

Of course it is.  But we were so good those years, expectations exceeded the norm.  We couldve realistically won 5 national titles in a row from 97-01. 

Arguably the 2 best teams (top to bottom) of that era were the ones that choked it away in 98 and 99.....led by Blake as an upperclassman.  

Anyways, it's a completely different situation to compare Blake to Gaber.  

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So I should just accept what happens and keep my mouth shut? The opposite of love is NOT hate, it is apathy. If people are pissed about a bad playoff loss, that means they are vested in and care about the program. That is how I express my love for all things UND.

I guess it's completely up to you if you keep your mouth shut or not, but yes, you do have to accept what happens unless you are someone that materially contributes to the success of the team. I don't know who you are, so maybe you do. 

I understand the disappointment. I've been around for these let downs just like you. But I understand that I have no choice but to accept the outcome. I used to let it get to me for days. Not anymore. For the remainder of the season I'll find a temporary 'favorite' and kind of half-ass pay attention. 

I have a feeling next season will look better for North Dakota.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

There were some really obnoxious Notre Dame fans at the game and especially afterwards.

Thank the lord there are no obnoxious UND fans. Hopefully any elderly Notre Dame fans made it out of the building without getting thrown down any stairs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SKondrashkin said:

Of course it is.  But we were so good those years, expectations exceeded the norm.  We couldve realistically won 5 national titles in a row from 97-01. 

Arguably the 2 best teams (top to bottom) of that era were the ones that choked it away in 98 and 99.....led by Blake as an upperclassman.  

Anyways, it's a completely different situation to compare Blake to Gaber.  

yeah...jason could drink reese under the table....