SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

32 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

My kid wants to play for Michigan now as his dream school…that only recently happened

Sounds like an embarrassing parental failure. You should be fired! All of UND nation is embarrassed and terribly disgusted by your performance as a UND recruiter. You suck.

:bigsmile:

5 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

When you recruit and land grinders, that’s what you become

24 SOG.........and Gaber had 9 of them. That mean there was 15 SOG between the other 18 skaters. 

BTW....10 SOG if he doesn't crap in his breezers on the penalty shot.

My 3 stars for UND last night 

1) Driscoll: Was the team's MVP the 2nd half of the season and deserved a better fate last night

2) Gaber: One man offensive band again last night

3) Johnson: He scored 

Judd and Ethan were not good vs WMU a week ago. Was fully expecting them to be a couple of the team's better players last night.......they weren't.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

To be fair, recruiting has been tougher lately as the locker room has aged itself out.  Not much to sell

I also heard that the hot tub temp this season has been lukewarm at best - that’s a sure fire way to scare away recruits.  

• Upvote 3

This was the most pessimistic I ever was going into the playoffs. The entire coaching staff and this group deserves so much credit for punching above its weight class for the year. It was so apparent the last few weeks that the deficiencies at Forward, from an overall talent standpoint had finally caught up to them. The PP was broken, so much to the point that scoring was not realistic, you had to worry more about giving up a SH goal. I still like a lot of the pieces, but talent aside, they picked the wrong time (starting against CC, so entire playoff) to go ice cold. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I also heard that the hot tub temp this season has been lukewarm at best - that’s a sure fire way to scare away recruits.  

If nobody does something about the subzero temperatures and crappy weather in Grand Forks we are bound to White banners.....

• Upvote 1

This team absolutely over performed.  To see where they ended up to where they were in middle of January is an absolute achievement.   They were a few horses away from being able to really make a run.  It ended up being a great season in which a banner gets hung.   

• Upvote 3

So we are down to this we over preformed so all is good , we are supposed to be a national power in hockey and can’t win a first round game , 17,18,19,21,22 with no frozen four and who knows if we would have made it in 20. I think Berry is a good coach but may need to change some things moving on.

• Downvote 1

I don't get this crap about this team over performed.  Sure they had a lot of turnover, but they brought in plenty of transfers, so its not like the were all freshmen.  They were a 1st place team to start the new year so it not like they just came on in the 2nd half.  They had 2 bad weekends in January, and they sh!t the bed in the playoffs.  

This program should never be in a position the be rebuilding, they should reload every year.  Having to rebuild is a black mark on Berry.

I would like to think they would have made a run in 2020, but after the last 2 years i'm more and more convinced they would have been 1 and done or maybe won a game.

15 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

It’s mind boggling people think a team full of new teammates should just gel and be instantly good bc they’re not freshmen. 

I can see 1st half struggles, but come playoff time they have been together long enough.  Plenty of time to gel.

20 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

It’s mind boggling people think a team full of new teammates should just gel and be instantly good bc they’re not freshmen. 

Didn't UND pick up two of the top goal scorers in the nation from last season??

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

This team absolutely over performed.  To see where they ended up to where they were in middle of January is an absolute achievement.   They were a few horses away from being able to really make a run.  It ended up being a great season in which a banner gets hung.   

Perhaps a Jasper Weatherby, thus a better power play away!