SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Haks recruits, you may be pon to something. 

Again, I will remind everyone that when we wanted to FIRE HAK!!11! it was agreed upon that his assistant, Brad Berry, was doing all of the heavy lifting when it came to recruiting. That's why it would be okay to FIRE HAK!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

What culture is that?  3 sog in the first period of the biggest game of the season against a mediocre Notre Dame team?  24 shots on goal total with extra time?  Basically zero display of skill at any point in the game? 

The idea of recruiting a team of nail guns who will staple you to the boards all game while cycling the puck endlessly until you turn it over...then sometimes getting an outside shot while the opposing defense just packs it in because you have no skill isn't going to cut it in NCAA hockey anymore.  Our best scoring chance was a penalty shot and our best player couldn't even put in on net while doing absolutely nothing skill-wise to try and beat the goalie.  But hey, we have "culture"...it's won so many other titles for us.  It definitely wasn't because our 2016 title team was full of NHLers that Hak recruited.  

This could be Schloss' game article for tomorrow's Herald.
Sums it up nicely on how today's game went.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N of GF said:

Again, I will remind everyone that when we wanted to FIRE HAK!!11! it was agreed upon that his assistant, Brad Berry, was doing all of the heavy lifting when it came to recruiting. That's why it would be okay to FIRE HAK!

part of the "fire hak" was that the UND heach coaching job is not a lifetime job appointment....after that amount of time maybe it's time to try someone different?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The disappointing thing for me is that they regressed, rather than progressed.  If it wasn’t for a poor CC team we may have ended the season on a five game losing streak. That, and all the big games where UND fans traveled, Nashville, the Frozen Faceoff and the regional, UND laid an egg.  I was kind of surprised by the attendance at the Frozen Faceoff after UND was out. It appears Duluth’s fan base is expanding, let’s make sure ours doesn’t become jaded.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

My grandma could get a hobey vote.

What's your big beef with Gaber?
He's our best offensive threat (granted, not saying much with this team) as a sophomore.
IMO he has a tremendous upside and potential for his last two (or three) years at UND.  Especially if he gets paired with some players that can complement his speed and higher end skill.
But, hey, if you think he's horrible then that's your opinion.  No worries.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

part of the "fire hak" was that the UND heach coaching job is not a lifetime job appointment....after that amount of time maybe it's time to try someone different?

Okay, I guess I don't recall that specific argument, but that was a while back. Could be?

Fire Berry, fire Goehring, fire the hockey conditioning coach, fire the football conditioning coach, fire Bubba, fire Chaves, fire the MBB coach, fire the WBB coach, we already fired the VB coach (can we fire the new one yet?), I know I'm missing some. Fire 'em all!

The only playoff game we've won since 2016 was last year against American International.   Hakstol never won the big one, but his teams would always be up and ready for the regionals.  I don't think Berry will ever get us back to the Frozen Four.  Tonight was embarrassing to watch.

• Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Again, I will remind everyone that when we wanted to FIRE HAK!!11! it was agreed upon that his assistant, Brad Berry,.....

Is this a new account of yours?

Burner account?

Because it's says you weren't around here back then.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

What's your big beef with Gaber?
He's our best offensive threat (granted, not saying much with this team) as a sophomore.
IMO he has a tremendous upside and potential for his last two (or three) years at UND.  Especially if he gets paired with some players that can complement his speed and higher end skill.
But, hey, if you think he's horrible then that's your opinion.  No worries.

Gaber is our guy going forward, but he needs to use his line mates better and pass when the situation dictates, as ultimately it would open up more space for himself. Sometimes it seems teammates are waiting for a return pass and I sense it is like a black hole that will never be returned.  It is nice to have someone who actually wants to shoot the puck, but it might be a little too predictable.  Have no doubt that Jackson Blake would love to set him up with his passing skill set.

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Burner account?

That was the narrative, though.  Hak can’t win the big one. Berry and Jackson are the recruiters, anyway, so let’s turn the keys over to them. 

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Gaber is our guy going forward, but he needs to use his line mates better and pass when the situation dictates, as ultimately it would open up more space for himself. Sometimes it seems teammates are waiting for a return pass and I sense it is like a black hole that will never be returned.  It is nice to have someone who actually wants to shoot the puck, but it might be a little too predictable.  Have no doubt that Jackson Blake would love to set him up with his passing skill set.

Hopefully we see that for about 20-30 goals next season.  ;)  :) 

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Burner account?

Does it matter?

Yes, I had an account back then and only posted a couple of times. It was before online viewing and before (or maybe early days of?) listening on Iheart Radio. I was a regular lurker. I tried to recover that account one particular evening (nothing special going on that night, right?) and was unable to, so I started a new one. Then I lurked for a few more years... I finally decided that if I was tired of the piss poor attitude here, I should jump in and contribute.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Benny Baker said:

That was the narrative, though.  Hak can’t win the big one. Berry and Jackson are the recruiters, anyway, so let’s turn the keys over to them. 

But now it’s time to run Berry and Jackson out of town!

86940D25-76E7-4482-A36F-62540C1DFCF2.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

This has nothing to do with what I wrote but if you want my opinion....

It seems the key is.....

Hak as recruiter.

Berry as coach. 

:) ;)

This has nothing to do with what I wrote but if you want my opinion....

It seems the key is.....

Hak as recruiter.

Berry as coach. 

:)

By god, you might be on to something! Get the GOBC together so they can make it so!

And I asked how they knew what was going on during that time since they weren't around.

I didn't say if the info was false.

Gotcha.

I guess like he said, it’s possible to be a lurker.  I’m on this site (and was before I had an account) multiple times a day for the past 15 years, but probably have less posts than most of you. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

A lot of emotion being shared. Tomorrow, the sun shall rise and we will look forward to next year. There will be calls to fire someone, and burn it all down. I think the simple solution is being overlooked… no one here defines what Sioux hockey is, we just watch it.

Exactly.

There is no need for embarrassment, calling for heads to roll, or declaring things unacceptable. What happened is what happened. It just, is.