SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Notre Dame - Albany Regional - NCAA regional semis

stoneySIOUX

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if a guy like jason blake would've lost to western michigan on a friday night he would've spent saturday night at the rick or the weight room instead gaber was slinging beers at brick and barley liking all of his mom's tweets about how good he is....

Jason Blake?  He was involved in 2 of the most infamous playoff collapsing season in our programs history.  Those 98 and 99 teams thouroughly steamrolled everybody, yet choked when it mattered.       

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So next year will they lack talent again?

And hope to overachieve to a first round exit?

until we get phase 2 of the hpc built the hockey team will not be able to compete for high end scoring talent...the REA is way past due for an upgrade...it's hard to recruit with that dump over there.....and the catered food they get is overrated....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Realistically this was a building year. With the transfer portal and extra eligibility it was possible to cobble together a plausible team that honestly went deeper than I thought. We do, however need some good recruiting. We desperately need some hot stick scorers.

I would say this is all part of the “winning the championship in your first year jinx, but this doesn’t compare to all the other circumstances in the bad things that have happened since then, as they had two chances to win, and they just can’t seem to get out of there own way in special teams and mistakes.  One thing Duluth doesn’t do is beat themselves. Even with Brent Johnson scoring the only  goal, Berry might have sealed his fate when Sanderson went down by not having another everyday threat on the back end like Morrow.  If special teams are so important, we need more special players on them.  May need to try and flip a few guys like Matthew Wood, and they should be on the recruiting trail ASAP.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I have said this before Berry is way too easy on these guys , UND used to own the third now we run out of gas , need to work these guys so we don’t get out worked. 

Our third period was the best of the night.

2 minutes ago, SKondrashkin said:

Jason Blake?  He was involved in 2 of the most infamous playoff collapsing season in our programs history.  Those 98 and 99 teams thouroughly steamrolled everybody, yet choked when it mattered.       

one title in his 3 years is good enough for me.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not going anywhere. But I also won't hold back on legitimate criticism.

But you, and many others, are constantly declaring things "unacceptable." Why would you keep following a team that does so many unacceptable things? You can cheer for any team in the country you want. Find one that does everything to your expectations. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I love how finishing second* in the NCHC, not winning one game in St. Paul, and losing the first game of the NCAA is considered overachieving now.

How did we get this far?

*DU won the tiebreaker.

Well going to the Frozen Four wasn’t good enough for you, you railed on Hakstol to no end.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Our third period was the best of the night.

Yeah, tilted the ice pretty good in the last ten minutes.  Had the Ford chance, and Gaber finally got going, including the post.  The Ford chance reminded me of the one Keane had sometime in the OTs last year.  Just the kind of pass where you know you have the goalie cooked and a goal is coming.  Oddly enough they both wore #21.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I love how finishing second* in the NCHC, not winning one game in St. Paul, and losing the first game of the NCAA is considered overachieving now.

How did we get this far?

*DU won the tiebreaker.

So we didn't win the Penna Rosa?  What was all that jumping around with the Cup then?