SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

Guys, I’m pumped. Sather can recruit talent, we have seen it before. Now, with everything going on, he needs to recruit his current players. This is unfortunate but the truth. The best way to do that though is to win and I think we will see more wins come this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

How many -layers 0n the roster and who redshirts 

There are 15 players on the roster. Hong and Nicholson are walk-ons and will likely redshirt.  Early season injuries may add another player or two to the redshirt list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Honestly, you better hope for that, because if he isn’t considering transferring after a year or two that only means he didn’t do well for UND.

I don’t like it, but it’s the reality of collegiate athletics nowadays.

True, but you know what I meant.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

total joke that the roster still has bruns on there..........total joke

It's the 2021-2022 roster, which he was on. Why wouldn't he be listed? 

The new recruits aren't going to be on there before they even set foot on campus. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The timing of when the roster gets updated doesn’t bother me

seems like we have a chance to be in the upper half to upper third this year in the conference 

Upper half is a start. I’m hesitant to put us in the upper third yet. ORU, SDSU and USD look like they should control that area. We are improved for sure but so are other teams. The Summit League is looking tough. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

usd has their 2022-23 roster up....

Only the players who are returning. Bruns and Mihai Carcoana who are transferring to USD aren't listed.

NDSU and SDSU still show their 2021-22 roster, including players who have transferred.

Seems like we're really reaching for things to be upset about. Let's wait until people are actually on campus and they have started practice and set the roster before we start getting all up in arms.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Upper half is a start. I’m hesitant to put us in the upper third yet. ORU, SDSU and USD look like they should control that area. We are improved for sure but so are other teams. The Summit League is looking tough. 

I think St. Thomas has a couple highly recruited players coming in this year.  I look for StT to be improved this year.

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Seems like we're really reaching for things to be upset about. Let's wait until people are actually on campus and they have started practice and set the roster before we start getting all up in arms.

< ... panting for breath ... >
And, and, and hockey still lists Adam Calder and he left for Penn State! And none of the new guys are listed, no Strinden or nothin'! 

Oh. Wait. That's the 2021-22 hockey roster. And they don't update the hockey roster until the guys have matriculated and arrived on campus. Seems MBB is treated the same.  < shrug > 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ... panting for breath ... >
And, and, and hockey still lists Adam Calder and he left for Penn State! And none of the new guys are listed, no Strinden or nothin'! 

Oh. Wait. That's the 2021-22 hockey roster. And they don't update the hockey roster until the guys have matriculated and arrived on campus. Seems MBB is treated the same.  < shrug > 

And what about that Brendan Howard guy!!!! He ditched us in January and he's still on the MBB roster! WTF!!!! (feigned incredulity)  ( ;