SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

Look.  This year sucked.  There isn't any sugar-coating it.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.  

So there is only one thing left to do.  Time to turn the page to Year 4 of the Sather Era.

Many questions to be answered about next year. 

Most important questions that needs to be answered right now: 

Will Ethan Igbanugo and Mitchell Sueker be using their COVID years?  

How much will the roster turnover?

50 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Look.  This year sucked.  There isn't any sugar-coating it.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.  

So there is only one thing left to do.  Time to turn the page to Year 4 of the Sather Era.

Many questions to be answered about next year. 

Most important questions that needs to be answered right now: 

Will Ethan Igbanugo and Mitchell Sueker be using their COVID years?  

How much will the roster turnover?

mitch-yes

ethan-no

Next year is a make or break year for Sather. I’m not saying we have to win the conference, that would be nice, but we have to finish in the top half in my mind. 

I said yesterday that I want it to be a quiet offseason in terms of the transfer portal but in all honesty that really only applies to a handful on this team. If any of the freshmen were to announce I would be super bummed. Bummed if Norman or Danielson did too. Other than that I think the open scholarship spot could be of better use than some of these guys. 

This team we had on floor was not the team they expected on the floor at the end of the year. First off we have had two starters hurt for most of year in Suecker and Nero with Nero playing limited minutes hurt just ghost of player he can be. Second T did not play up to his potential which he showed at times durning the season but here again we were asking player from Jucco college to come  up and carry the load for the front line. Third we had 3 players on this team that were redshirting this year and i believe they were counting on Levias to play this year and i have no idea what type of player he can be because haven't seen him play. The talk was he would have provided point guard that could create and make his own shot or then could dish off to open player. The positive for the season is our three freshman who because of this season got lots of experience playing and developing. Bruns looks like they found diamond in rough and he was getting better as the season went along and this was for kid that was not highly recruited. Mathews and Grant both developed as the season went along look like they can play very important roles in the future on this team. The recruits they have committed for next year look to fill in their needs and look like they can contribute right away for the team next year. I don't think Sather will be on the hot seat next year and would only be on the hot seat in following year if there were so signs of improvement in this team then.  I believe administration looks at next year as the second year in Sather rebuilding the program and last two years are part of covid years where nothing has been normal in athletics. There are still big questions in player personal for next year to be decided either by Sather or by the  players. This is not to mention if we get some transfers again. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

been a sather backer but maybe just maybe he's not connecting with his guys....this is crazy. 

back to back freshman of the years...........................gone!

He seems to me like he could connect but man maybe it’s different behind close doors

walthall still available or the nwmu guy

14 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

He seems to me like he could connect but man maybe it’s different behind close doors

walthall still available or the nwmu guy

McCollum (NWMU) is out of our price range. Boschee is out there too. Having said that, I truly think this is terrible luck for Sather. If anyone else important leaves, we need to evaluate even further. 

22 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

McCollum (NWMU) is out of our price range. Boschee is out there too. Having said that, I truly think this is terrible luck for Sather. If anyone else important leaves, we need to evaluate even further. 

i had heard mccollum was very interested last time around. i know boschee was.