SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

19 hours ago, Irish said:

One of the reasons for transfers in my opinion is that kids today - especially those with talent - don't really want to play on 6 and 25 teams that are 2 and 16 in the conference.  Even if they like the school and the coach they will look to maximize their success.

I’m not sure the full data set on transfers throughout college sports would agree with that.   I think it’s just become the new norm in college sports.  It’s going to work out for some and not for others and going to take time for players to understand that.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bballfan said:

Is there any buzz on how the staff feels about Levias?  Is he expected to be a contributor next year and what is his game like?  

It is my understanding, again this is from listening to Dosch on the Reaching the Summit Podcast, he would have provided some athleticism that they needed.  His JUCO stats make him an interesting prospect, but coming off of injury... he is a big wild card. 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

What was levias injury?

the 2 freshman coming in need a good nutrition program and gain a  little weight 

we need a couple diamond on the rough jucos to come in

Wish I could remember off of the top of my head, something with his leg.

Put some muscle on these freshman!  

Would love a Douglas Wilson/Vinnie Shahid type of player to make their way here..... I mean a person can dream right????

• 2 weeks later...

I can see that but my hunch will be Grant as the point guard for the coming year. We got to see flashes that he can create his own shot and he can shoot and score. He has ability to dish off but if he shows he can score he becomes more of complete package. Also his defense improved this past season and if this improves again as much as last year he could become very good point guard in the Summit Conference.

3 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I can see that but my hunch will be Grant as the point guard for the coming year. We got to see flashes that he can create his own shot and he can shoot and score. He has ability to dish off but if he shows he can score he becomes more of complete package. Also his defense improved this past season and if this improves again as much as last year he could become very good point guard in the Summit Conference.

if und men's bball wants to stay around average keep recruiting guys like grant who are average...

bar should be set a little higher than him considering what we've had the last 10 years or so at point guard.

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

That's a good pick.  

On 4/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, ND-fan said:

Flashes of the ability toshoot and score? The guy shot 20% from the field and 14% from 3. He will have to nearly triple those percentages to get to a point where I’d say he can shoot and score. I really hope we bring in a high level transfer at the PG position. Can’t go into the season with what we have now 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Flashes of the ability toshoot and score? The guy shot 20% from the field and 14% from 3. He will have to nearly triple those percentages to get to a point where I’d say he can shoot and score. I really hope we bring in a high level transfer at the PG position. Can’t go into the season with what we have now 

He is another Shockey.  Can't compete at this level, at least to the point that it makes UND a top team

• Like 1

I’m actually really excited for next years team IF Eaglestaff and Omot are as good as I think they’ll be. They’ll provide some much needed versatility that last years team lacked. Levias also fits in that mold so hopefully he can stay healthy and play. Add in Matthews who I think will take a huge leap forward next year and you have a pretty solid freshman/sophomore core. Hopefully Mitchell is coming back? Get Nero healthy and bring in a legit PG (prefer someone similar to Tyree :angry:) and I think next years team will be very competitive and much more enjoyable to watch

They need another big front line person for next year also as much as they need point guard. They need that big man who can create his shot inside on one on one basis and score from that 75% of the time. If they don't get that guard play and other offensive talent can be limited and you're forced to shoot from outside that will be contested most of the time or pretty much shut off even for guard that can drive because there will always be help on the inside to prevent that. This past year was prime example of that when we were limited two big men on the front court to finish the season. yes i believe with talent coming and talent getting healthy they could reach as high as 3 or 4 in conference for the tournament. Most of the Summit teams have been hit hard with Transfers this off season with exception of SDSU but with right year we could see where we could qualify for NIT or CBI post season tournaments. This is only going to be possible if he can get this team put together have very good offseason practices to build team chemistry. I am always optimistic in the off season so i may be way off on reality but in basketball one or two players can turn around whole team that's what i am hoping for the coming season.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, GoodGood said:

I’m actually really excited for next years team IF Eaglestaff and Omot are as good as I think they’ll be. They’ll provide some much needed versatility that last years team lacked. Levias also fits in that mold so hopefully he can stay healthy and play. Add in Matthews who I think will take a huge leap forward next year and you have a pretty solid freshman/sophomore core. Hopefully Mitchell is coming back? Get Nero healthy and bring in a legit PG (prefer someone similar to Tyree :angry:) and I think next years team will be very competitive and much more enjoyable to watch

Its been pretty quiet on that front, but I would think we would hear something on that shortly.  

I have no inside information on this, but if I had to take a guess... he comes back. 

On 3/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, Kab said:

I would give eaglestaff more credit than being here one year

a little early to be saying that, if that is the case why would he come in the first place

Maybe Archambeau will want to come here and play with him 

Sorry not big on eaglestaff, I have watched him in AAU and high school.  He shoots a well uncontested 3 but doesn’t play defense.  

13 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Sorry not big on eaglestaff, I have watched him in AAU and high school.  He shoots a well uncontested 3 but doesn’t play defense.  

Treyson blocked 48 shots and 65 steals last year.  Did he take off plays yes.  He has the skill set.  Treyson will need to make the transition to college.  I don't expect much defense the freshman year but he will make some plays for sure.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

We haven’t heard yet if Sueker is returning, have we?

No, I tried to see when Panoam announced his return, but couldn't find it in the 21-22 thread.

My guess is that we hear sooner rather than later. 

*Edit: Found it, Panoam annouced he was coming back on April 13th last year.